Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus® Defender 856 38 SPECIAL +P

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Sorry...could someone explain why one would bitch about S&W QC and honestly discuss a Taurus???

Is it ONE extra round or is it saving $50 fucking dollars???

There are other forums where this is an actual discussion......

I was disappointed when I got the gun home. My hope was that it only held four rounds, yet it held six! Hope was that it cost more than a S&W, yet it cost less! Now what really ticks me off, you think a decent modern revolver would have at least two internal locks, yet it didn’t even have one!

On a more serious note. Yes I have hesitation in trusting Taurus, but the risk here is pretty low investment wise. The only other company that makes a revolver in this configuration is Colt. Their QC reports aren’t exactly confidence inspiring and it sounded like repair return times are insane.

Yes I dare to say it, even here at PF, I had rather take my chances with Taurus.

If Ruger made a 6 shot .38 SP101 or LCR, then I would likely purchase that instead. They don’t, so I can’t.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I can' speak for anybody else, but I'm somebody that hopes Taurus will get its shit in one sock and become an actual contender for people who actually take seriously shooting more than "a boxa shells" through their guns.

They make some revolvers that have features that 1) Make sense and 2) aren't offered by anyone else.

A friend of mine once described Taurus revolvers as a "cake where somebody followed the recipe right until the end where they took a shit in the batter."

@jetfire had an interview recently with their new CEO, and some of us are hoping "it'll be different this time."

I want somebody else to go first though...

The shit in the batter thing is hilarious!

Looks like it’s my turn to go first.

I love the stuff you bring to the forum.....

The definition of insanity is?......
    Just for the record, I never once considered remarrying my ex wife.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Just for the record, I never once considered remarrying my ex wife.
    I once knew a couple, grandparents when I met them, who delighted in informing people how many times they’d been married... to each other.

They were on their third marriage to each other, but had an additional one each in there somewhere.

SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I once knew a couple, grandparents when I met them, who delighted in informing people how many times they’d been married... to each other.

They were on their third marriage to each other, but had an additional one each in there somewhere.

SMH.
    Were they from Kentucky?

I might know them if so...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Were they from Kentucky?

I might know them if so...
    I don’t know where they were from originally, but I met them in deep rural east Texas.

Sorry...could someone explain why one would bitch about S&W QC and honestly discuss a Taurus???

Is it ONE extra round or is it saving $50 fucking dollars???

There are other forums where this is an actual discussion......
    Pretty much what Lester Polfus said. Taurus has always made cool and desirable revolvers but as of late they may possibly be making an attempt to get the quality up where it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Newbie,

One get the impression here (pistol-forum) the one must bow down at the alter of the 9mm and with revolvers to S&W. Good for you and I wish you luck with your 856. Oh, and congrats on saving fifty (expletive deleted) dollars!

Dave

I will listen with interest as the shooting reports begin to come in and we hear if Taurus has really improved their customer service direction.

I love the 3" lightweight 6 shooter concept but my last two are old. I would love to find a trusted replacement. As cited, the suits at S&W never actually carry a gun themselves, and the chance of them seeing the market for one is probably zero.

Name:  colt detective 3 inch.jpg
Views: 1483
Size:  36.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I will listen with interest as the shooting reports begin to come in and we hear if Taurus has really improved their customer service direction.

I love the 3" lightweight 6 shooter concept but my last two are old. I would love to find a trusted replacement. As cited, the suits at S&W never actually carry a gun themselves, and the chance of them seeing the market for one is probably zero.

Name:  colt detective 3 inch.jpg
Views: 1483
Size:  36.7 KB

That's goddamn sexy right there.

I find it funny when people slag off on the idea of another manufacturer making revolvers. Ruger and S&W are going to make what they want to make, and screw the end user. Colt is putting out some stuff that could fit the bill, but they are way overpriced and their QC sucks. On top of questionable design decisions (the lack of raised knurling on the ejector rod of the Cobra for instance - I was all set to buy one until I had the opportunity to see TWO different ones all have a stuck rod while ejecting empties in a class ), not having an economical version like the old Lawman or Trooper guns kills their market share for revolvers.

Taurus is at least willing to try some different things that may actually fill a need. So add me to one of those hoping they get their QC act together and keep their prices affordable and we get the 6 shot, 2 /12" - 3" barreled LW 38sp without having to take out a second mortgage.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List