Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast

Thread: Taurus® Defender 856 38 SPECIAL +P

Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    I've got a Galco Stow-n-go for 3" revolver that meets that description. I've used it for the 856 Defender, and a 2.5" Charter Bulldog. Moved on from it to better kydex for the Defender. It works OK.
    This just came in today and seems to work great, thank you

currently $36 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01651LIBC

Site Supporter
    Man, this little gun punches WAYYY above its weight class. I tend to like non alloy frame snubs because I'm probably an idiot...but mostly because they shoot really nicely at distance.

All shots in the silhouette headbox at 20 yards with a 2 inch hammerless? And night sight? Yes please.

Name:  20240109_145220.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  28.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    ...I tend to like non alloy frame snubs because I'm probably an idiot...
    They are every bit as small as an alloy gun, recoil less, the weight reduces wobble when trying to stack bullets, can feel a bit more secure in some holsters with gravity* helping keep them there, and can be a little more durable. Alloy and polymer frames are cool for applications that need them but I still prefer steel. I think the steel frames also largely erase the argument that snubs are "bad" beginner or only handguns.

* I should admit that gravity can also help pull them out of pocket holester when you start getting upside-down and make passive retention more of a consideration in the role. Ex. the way a DeSantis Nemesis will eventually mold itself around the trigger guard and help hold the gun in place.

Man, this little gun punches WAYYY above its weight class. I tend to like non alloy frame snubs because I'm probably an idiot...but mostly because they shoot really nicely at distance.

All shots in the silhouette headbox at 20 yards with a 2 inch hammerless? And night sight? Yes please.

Good shooting! What ammo were you running in that wheelgun?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    Good shooting! What ammo were you running in that wheelgun?
    That's a handload. 158gr SWC with WST powder and whatever brass is available. A very mild load that probably doesn't clock much more than 750FPS...but I love it.

Nice shooting and nice little gat. I'd love one with a 3" barrel and a bobbed hammer like that.

Unfortunately, I'm probably going to Hell for immediately thinking of Homer Simpson when I saw that target.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Can you switch out grips on those?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Can you switch out grips on those?
    Yes, there are a number of aftermarket options available

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm probably going to Hell for immediately thinking of Homer Simpson when I saw that target.

Okie John
    Name:  homerpistolwhipkw9.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  13.2 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Nice shooting and nice little gat. I'd love one with a 3" barrel and a bobbed hammer like that.

Okie John
    You and me both, and on both counts. I would also much like to see the 327 offered in such a variant.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List