Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Riot Control and...Bicycles?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Okay...

Oh.. GOD. I would pay good money to see that loaded with a tractor trailer full of rubber bullets and used to hose down a crowd of looters. Screw water cannons, bring on a solid stream of rubber projectiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Less greenhouse gas emissions? Gotta be earth-friendly, yo.
    Bingo! Being environmentally conscious or virtue signalling the same is far more important than any measly riot.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Oh.. GOD. I would pay good money to see that loaded with a tractor trailer full of rubber bullets and used to hose down a crowd of looters. Screw water cannons, bring on a solid stream of rubber projectiles.
    A staunch capitalist would turn that into highly rated reality TV.

I watched them used to good effect during rioting in my city.

Without going into too much detail on an open forum, the bikes can be turned into a shield. The bike Officers work along with specially trained and equipped crowd control officers on foot. They key is for your agency to have regular training where both types of officers can train together. Before riots break out.

When done properly, they are very effective.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I watched them used to good effect during rioting in my city.

Without going into too much detail on an open forum, the bikes can be turned into a shield. The bike Officers work along with specially trained and equipped crowd control officers on foot. They key is for your agency to have regular training where both types of officers can train together. Before riots break out.

When done properly, they are very effective.
    My agency also used them to good effect.

It was effective enough that by the second week or so of the riots, we saw some of the rioters showing up on bikes and trying to mimic our tactics against us.
    Polite Professional

User Tag List