Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Man shot and killed during pro-Trump demonstrations in Portland OR

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Man shot and killed during pro-Trump demonstrations in Portland OR

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-...ashes-with-blm

Violent clashes between a massive pro-Trump caravan that drove through Portland, Ore., and Black Lives Matter protesters left at least one person dead in a shooting Saturday evening, according to reports.

Video posted on social media showed a person suddenly dropping to the ground, and others rushing to assist, after what appears to be gunfire near an intersection as vehicles and pedestrians pass by.

Portland police said they were investigating a homicide in the area where the pro-Trump group and counter-protesters clashed but did not say whether the gunfire was directly related to the protests.

Police said Saturday evening no suspect information would be immediately released.

An Associated Press freelance photographer heard three gunshots and then observed police medics working on the body of the victim, who appeared to be a white man. The freelancer said the man was wearing a hat bearing the insignia of Patriot Prayer, a right-wing group whose members have frequently clashed with protesters in Portland in the past.
    I really don't like where all this is headed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I really don't like where all this is headed.
    It was only a white guy killed, so nobody will care.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    I see this as a direct act of retaliation for Rittenhouse's shooting of 3 BLM demonstrators in Kenosha.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    I "get" your frustration, DC. These folks cheapen human life by their wanton disregard for it.

Hopefully, one day, sooner rather than later, this ends. This is where identity politics gets us all and why it is so ill-advised.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I think someone here predicted an escalation that would include snipers. I think that's what we have here. Nobody seems to know who shot that guy so obviously the shooter was concealed and not in the crowd.

Your hat may make you a target.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    I "get" your frustration, DC. These folks cheapen human life by their wanton disregard for it.

Hopefully, one day, sooner rather than later, this ends. This is where identity politics gets us all and why it is so ill-advised.
    I have no tolerance for hypocrisy. They claim to be looking for equality, but it seems to me that what they really mean is ONLY black lives matter. Worse that that, only certain (ie non-LEO or those that fit their narrative) black lives matter.

I guess #OCBLM does not have the same ring to it and would be harder to chant or fit on a t-shirt.
    Last edited by DC_P; 08-30-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I see this as a direct act of retaliation for Rittenhouse's shooting of 3 BLM demonstrators in Kenosha.
    I think we'll have to determine who instigated the confrontation before making that assessment. I read in another thread here that it may have been the non-BLM affiliated individual who drew and fired first. However, I don't know if that is the case and have not had an opportunity to conduct any research.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I think someone here predicted an escalation that would include snipers. I think that's what we have here. Nobody seems to know who shot that guy so obviously the shooter was concealed and not in the crowd.

Your hat may make you a target.
    All the more reason to adopt the "gray man" life-style. It appears that anything that "sticks up" is more likely to get "pounded down" these days. At the risk of sounding like a "literalist", perhaps it is time to start wearing clothing of neutral colors (grays, light tans/sand, etc.) so as not to draw the eyes of those looking for such visual cues.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1167905585

Video of alleged incident. Start at 18:00 minutes in.

I hear two shots. I see person 1 (black shirt, victim) walking away from person 2 (white shirt) towards sidewalk.

Person 1 appears to turn and there is a gunshot (visible puff of smoke) between person 1 and person 2. Maybe 1/2 second later I hear another shot, and see another puff of smoke, possibly larger, from person 2, towards person 1. Person 1 then takes several steps and falls face down. At the same time, Person 2 crouches slightly and moves quickly at a walk/run off to the right off camera.

Person 1 appears to be the person reported as deceased at the scene.

I believe this is a shorter, more concise video, but appears to be from the same source as above:

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/https://twitter.com/i/status/1299931947339218944

I saved off the video, and attempted to use my shot timer to measure the split time between shots, but for some reason the gunshots are not registering on the speaker output I have. I'm guessing on the order of 0.5s to 0.75s, or about the time I would need between two shots on a 3x5 at seven yards...pop...pop.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-30-2020 at 10:09 AM.

4Chan wasted no time and has identified the shooter. He's a 40 something meth head looking snowboarder with an IG full of his participation in riots going back a few months.

User Tag List