Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Man shot and killed during pro-Trump demonstrations in Portland OR

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I agree.

From what we wear to what we drive, I've taken several different choices lately. For example, I used to like to wear a tan "shooters" hat with velcro for morale patches and such; I leave that in the closet these days. Same with watch; leave the fancy stuff at home and put on the Timex. I don't wear plaid short sleeves much any more but I don't think I'll be using them in future, either. Absolutely no stickers on the car. No blue line apparel, no flags.

Shame, really.

Strange times we live in.

RJ, thanks for your usual due diligence with your research. "Strange" would be on word to describe the current state of affairs - I can think of many others, none very optimistic. As for trying to become gray, I have never put any type of stickers, etc. on my vehicles, with one exception: On my 1978 Silverado 4x4, I have a "Support Our Troops" bright yellow magnet on the tailgate for the last dozen years or so. I also plead guilty to wearing a Thin Blue Line rubber bracelet on my left wrist, 24/7 (right beside an orange - was originally black, but it's worn off - "RampagefortheCure.org") - and a paracord Thin Blue Line on the other wrist when out and about. The paracord was given to me by a close friend, who retired after 38 years of LE. Maybe I'm foolish and naive for wearing them, but what I know for sure is that on the occasions when I do encounter any LEOs, the feedback is "much appreciated." As for the now-orange one: RIP, TLG.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Looks like the guy was wearing some type of plate under his shirt from one of the pics or is it... Weird carrier

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rump-fans.html

Many don’t realize that body armor doesn’t make you invincible, that coverage is king and staying home is even better.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You're too young to remember when car bombing was a thing with the Mob. The rest of it: Crips vs. Bloods, Mongols vs. Angels. Same shit, different reasons.

A little history: https://cpl.org/1976-the-year-clevel...bomb-city-usa/
    Different reasons is why this is different. None of those groups you mentioned had a national platform supported by the msm, Hollywood and professional sports to name a few calling for a fundamental overhaul of Federal and local government and that is also supported by at least %50 of the country.

I’m trying my best to not be alarmist and don’t think civil-war is inevitable, but this kerfuffle has a lot more momentum than anything we’ve seen in the past 50 years.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Bringing paintball guns and pepper spray to a gunfight is just as stupid as showing up with a skateboard. Folks, these are gunfights that you will be attending if you choose to participate. Pack accordingly.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Looks like the guy was wearing some type of plate under his shirt from one of the pics or is it... Weird carrier

Many don’t realize that body armor doesn’t make you invincible, that coverage is king and staying home is even better.
    It's a plastic and foam paintball chest protector, not body armor.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post

BMX or motocross padding, nothing but closed cell foam and plastic for impact protection.

eta Jody posted while I was posting and is correct paintball gear.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    I don't recall a bunch of elected officials supporting and promoting the Weather Underground, defunding law enforcement, et all, while calling their bombings 'mostly peaceful with a mild scattering of dust.'

Thought some similarities may be drawn I have to disagree. We haven't been through anything quite like this before.
    Yeah, you might be right about the elected officials, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

I was just responding to the earlier post about us being on the verge of an unprecedented cycle of violence and bombings.

If you attend any kind of political rally, protest or event it would be smart to wear concealed armor that is rated for 9mm ball at a minimum.

These guys were going off of last weeks playbook where Antifa and proud boys were using melee weapons.
    Post-Kenosha there's a different threat matrix.
    Soon you better have something rated for multi-hit rifle rounds.

Also, overt armor just marks you as a potential threat.
    When I have my plate carrier in the truck I always have a ultra-lightweight dark gray XXL hoodie to throw on over it.
    From a distance in the dark I just look buff, even up close with a quick glance I kinda look oddly built.
    You have to actually look and process for a second that I'm wearing a carrier with Lvl. IV ceramics front and back under that hoodie.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Watch out Willie...

I'll save you a bunk in the gulag.
    The gulag will be one without walls. Cancelled persons will wander aimlessly from pillar to post. Public confession and family connection will allow a few to recover though many will end up in homeless camps. Perhaps we can figure out what the new term for cancelled persons will be. This one will soon have a negative connotation that will reflect poorly on the current movement that screwed or cancelled. I used to get in trouble when I failed to grasp that a change had been made in "views". I almost wandered into a thread drift area. I was going to tell an electric chair story but will not drift.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    If you attend any kind of political rally, protest or event it would be smart to wear concealed armor that is rated for 9mm ball at a minimum.

These guys were going off of last weeks playbook where Antifa and proud boys were using melee weapons.
    Post-Kenosha there's a different threat matrix.
    Soon you better have something rated for multi-hit rifle rounds.

Also, overt armor just marks you as a potential threat.
    When I have my plate carrier in the truck I always have a ultra-lightweight dark gray XXL hoodie to throw on over it.
    From a distance in the dark I just look buff, even up close with a quick glance I kinda look oddly built.
    You have to actually look and process for a second that I'm wearing a carrier with Lvl. IV ceramics front and back under that hoodie.
    Same here. A large hoodie on me, you can’t even tell I am wearing any. I think a thin build helps.

User Tag List