Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Loaning firearms as an interstate transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Are we not dealing with the laws of both WI and IL? Is there a chance he may be prosecuted in the state that is most likely to felony convict? I now nothing about how this works so I'm just asking.
    I thought we were talking about federal law, starting with post 575 or so. I may be totally lost, who knows.

This whole interstate commerce clause got me thinking back to the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act regarding these “gatherings” and open carry.

The fed school zone law was challenged, then struck down, then amended, at least IMO, with some BS reference to to the commerce clause in the text of the law and has stood ever since.

Wonder now do all the “open carry” militias take heed of not being within 1000 feet of a school zone. Unsure if WI has it’s own law too. Doubt open carriers know or care.

It would seem whether by federal or state law, the gov could start going after these people at least in some urban areas. You can’t swing a whatever without being within 1000 of a school zone.

A Democrat presidency definitely would if in their interest to do so. A democratic state gov too.

Groups could have their protests specifically near a school too...

Just thoughts. I could be wrong.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I thought we were talking about federal law, starting with post 575 or so. I may be totally lost, who knows.
    No, the legal discussion devolved into the typical “well in my state” and people debating terms based on what they think they mean instead of how they are defined in relevant statutes.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    OK, I'm not following along. My bad.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Christ Almighty.

WTF happened to this forum and its supposed aggregate intelligence...I feel like I'm on other forums I won't mention to remain in compliance with the CC.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I'll get this in before the bifurcation.

In the coming insurgency firearms will be moved illegally from state to state. They will also be used by felons as we just witnessed in Kenosha. There has to be some federal interpretation of the legal use and transfer as was just pointed out. State prosecutors may not wish to prosecute an individual (local politics like you might find in Portland) where federal prosecutors might.

I would be perfectly happy if the only laws I had to contend with in this state were federal laws.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'll get this in before the bifurcation.

In the coming insurgency firearms will be moved illegally from state to state. They will also be used by felons as we just witnessed in Kenosha. There has to be some federal interpretation of the legal use and transfer as was just pointed out. State prosecutors may not wish to prosecute an individual (local politics like you might find in Portland) where federal prosecutors might.

I would be perfectly happy if the only laws I had to contend with in this state were federal laws.
    In the coming insurgency, the felons may well be us.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    In the coming insurgency, the felons may well be us.
    Yep - especially if things go bad in November. We all know that most gun control laws were passed to ensure only the politicians goons had guns. We have already witnessed a strong willingness to look the other way when these protestors have been passing out rifles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Christ Almighty.

WTF happened to this forum and its supposed aggregate intelligence...I feel like I'm on other forums I won't mention to remain in compliance with the CC.
    Exactly.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    So what I'm hearing is...If my buddy from another state comes to visit and I loan him a gun for any reason, that means we just made an illegal transfer???

I'm calling BS on that.
    That's not what the law or those explaining it have said. Why you loaned the gun, as it what purpose the gun will be used for during the period of the loan, matters.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List