Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HK P2000 to G19 Transition Observations

Well, at least for OFO... found out LESC approved 19 magazines with Plus 2 bases, 17/47 magazines with Plus 2s, and 24 rounders (no bases). They gave numbers for all three, even though I’ve never seen 19 magazines with Plus 2s offered directly from Glock.

Adding an extension is said to be a no-go, along with anything that isn’t Glock OEM. Another officer hated the extended floor plate, so got regular Gen 5 magazines (went to the local gun shop and picked them up during lunch)... which should also be good to go.

I’m going to show the LESC statement (in their FAQ on their Sharepoint page) to the only F/I we still have, and see if that gives me clearance over the APD that handles firearms. If so, I’ll have at least four of those magazines within two weeks. Sad that we have to deal with management in this way, but is what it is.

Saw off duty 19 holster on VF Solutions yesterday... so hope the light bearing ones will pop up when it opens up for the new FY. Will discuss it with the F/I and order one. Looked over the PowerPoint for light training... just need to have a handheld light on you at all times. Have one on my vest, and one in my pocket. Done. Lights are going to be our next push.

HCM:

Our INS firearms unit was pretty good. After a pre qual and qual (I had to qual with both my Beretta 96 and my H&K USPc since it was INS provided via purchase plan) each quarter we would spend the rest of the day doing other things. Sometimes it was shooting steel, sometimes it was force on force with simulations, other times it was scenario based with down range targets. We even did room clearing exercises. Once we even did an assault on fortified position using paint ball guns (it was a cover and concealment exercise). It was a full day of qual and training and it was quarterly! They even provided us with ammo for practice! Naturally not everyone was a "shooter" and I obtained a lot of "practice ammo".

I understand that CBP/OFO has a lot more officers to qual and train (since it's now INS AND Customs combined) and it's now probably not quarterly any more. (I lost track of their training routine since I retired) I also understand that classroom work constitutes a big part of the day. It's all that they can do to schedule every one periodically. I just hate to see quality trigger time go down with the increase in officers.
    Unless it’s life or death related it’s all bullshit.

I don't work for the federal govt, but I have carried a P2000 9mm DA/SA for 5.5 years. I switched to a Gen 5 Glock 19 last month The 5th gen Glocks got me back into Glock. I have owned many over the years, but never really got into them. Now, I bought a G34 this month, and I have another G34 I am picking up tomorrow - going to get that one customized.

To my knowledge, the P2000 IS still being made by HK. I have owned like 11 or 12 HKs over the years - the P2000 is my favorite of them all. But, I also do not have the LEM trigger. I like it in DA/SA, and in 9mm.

User Tag List