Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police marked handgun picture thread, show us your duty/ex-duty guns

Police marked handgun picture thread, show us your duty/ex-duty guns

I thought I would start this thread as I don't see one. While I have about 20 regular handguns I mainly collect Boston Police marked handguns. There are a lot of police marked guns out there.

I was going to collect Colt Police Positives with police department markings (along with a patch and badge from each dept) but decided to specialize on Boston because there are so many dept marked guns out there I needed to specialize. Currently I have about 35 Boston marked guns with factory letters, still waiting on 3 more letters.

My premier set is of 3 sequentially numbered Colt Officers Model Target revolvers shipped to Boston PD in 1932. There were only 10 of these guns made for Boston. I have never found or seen another Boston OMT and these three according to the Colt Historian were the only three on the order that had sequential serial numbers, the rest were all within 20 numbers of each other. The Boston Police rack numbers were not sequential, only the serial numbers but that is better anyway. They shoot great.

Ferengi rule of acquisition #59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"
    website www.bpdguns.com

Colt Police Postives BPD Marked

website www.bpdguns.com

Colt Bankers Special 1932

website www.bpdguns.com

Boston PD Colt Woodsman Bullseye sequentially serial numbered shipped 1938

website www.bpdguns.com

Ruger Speed Six Boston Police Dept

Most BPD guns are marked with dept markings on backstrap or sometimes on the butt with the Rugers they are on the frame left side

website www.bpdguns.com

You need to hang out with @Dagga Boy.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    Thank you for sharing all this!

Does Boston just carry Glocks now?

Were any guns grandfathered in?

Did BPD go from revolvers to Glocks?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thank you for sharing all this!

Does Boston just carry Glocks now?

Were any guns grandfathered in?

Did BPD go from revolvers to Glocks?

Boston went from revolvers to Glocks and still carries Glocks.

What do you mean grandfathered in? If you mean about the destruction order, it is my understanding that even if they had a revolver if it was marked BPD it would be destroyed
    website www.bpdguns.com

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Cartwright SASS View Post
    Boston went from revolvers to Glocks and still carries Glocks.

What do you mean grandfathered in? If you mean about the destruction order, it is my understanding that even if they had a revolver if it was marked BPD it would be destroyed
    Grandfathered in means if you were qualified on it, you could continue to carry the old duty gun when a new duty gun started being issued. My department does not grandfather, when we switch duty weapons everyone (on duty and in uniform, plain clothes/off duty carry is different) must switch to the current issue. A grandfather department would let you elect to stay with your current gun or switch, as long as you continued to qualify, but no new officers could elect the "outgoing gun" any longer.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Grandfathered in means if you were qualified on it, you could continue to carry the old duty gun when a new duty gun started being issued. My department does not grandfather, when we switch duty weapons everyone (on duty and in uniform, plain clothes/off duty carry is different) must switch to the current issue. A grandfather department would let you elect to stay with your current gun or switch, as long as you continued to qualify, but no new officers could elect the "outgoing gun" any longer.
    ah ha said the blind man...

I think but am not sure that BPD did grandfather
    website www.bpdguns.com

User Tag List