Thread: SureFire Fury Intellibeam Dual Fuel - Does Anyone EDC This?

SureFire Fury Intellibeam Dual Fuel - Does Anyone EDC This?

The 1500 lumen model - does anyone use this for EDC? I'm dropping my Olight M2R Pro because the Thyrm Switchback doesn't work with that particular Olight. I can either go back to my Fenix PD35TAC (1000 lumens) or take out a 2nd mortgage for the SureFire if I want the lumens. I like the Olight but I really miss the Switchback. If you're not familiar with the Switchback, see below. There's also a version that works with the SureFire Dual Fuel models.

https://thyrm.com/product/switchback...ashlight-ring/

Latest switchback for DF lights actually does work on the m2r pro if you wrap some of that thick nonslip tape around the battery cap and the indented area right below it. That's what's in my pocket right now. I still use the olight clip attached at the front of the light because it positions the light better than the clip on the switchback. Can't really do the switchback shooting method (which never worked well for me with any light) but thats what the tlr7a is for,, and you have the switchback ring for retention etc. Not sure how many m2r pros you can buy for the price of one surefire but they've always been reliable for me and I prefer them to my switchbacked edcl2t

Quote Originally Posted by ADK View Post
    Latest switchback for DF lights actually does work on the m2r pro if you wrap some of that thick nonslip tape around the battery cap and the indented area right below it. That's what's in my pocket right now. I still use the olight clip attached at the front of the light because it positions the light better than the clip on the switchback. Can't really do the switchback shooting method (which never worked well for me with any light) but thats what the tlr7a is for,, and you have the switchback ring for retention etc. Not sure how many m2r pros you can buy for the price of one surefire but they've always been reliable for me and I prefer them to my switchbacked edcl2t
    I bit the bullet (buy once, cry once) and ordered the SureFire and larger Switchback. Being delivered today. For me, the light is optional but the fully functioning Switchback (including shooting method) is mandatory. I like the M2R Pro as a light but it doesn't do it for me as a tactical carry light. I may sell it in the Olight FB group. That place is nothing more than a flashlight flea market. People collecting flashlights like baseball cards. To each their own.

I like the SF dual-fuel quite a bit despite the bulk. It gets quite warm at high output, but they all do. I also keep a few spare charged 18650’s handy in my bag along with the usual loaded SF 123A spares carrier. Output is stunning with the 18650.

I have mixed feelings about the Switchback. The technique works OK at the range but I am not sure I want the distraction in a training class or, god forbid, actual use.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I like the SF dual-fuel quite a bit despite the bulk. It gets quite warm at high output, but they all do. I also keep a few spare charged 18650’s handy in my bag along with the usual loaded SF 123A spares carrier. Output is stunning with the 18650.

I have mixed feelings about the Switchback. The technique works OK at the range but I am not sure I want the distraction in a training class or, god forbid, actual use.
    I train with it, so it's whatever you get used to. For the Switchback to work, you have to have a light with a raised switch on the tail cap. I have a couple of Olights with the nearly flush tail cap switch and they would be an absolute no-go for that reason. The SF is noticeably heavier than the Fenix PD35 TAC I'm used to. Now I wish I could find a bezel-down flashlight holster with a belt clip big enough to accommodate the SF's larger head.

I completely agree that with adequate training, it’s a good tool.

User Tag List