Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 365XL First Impression

Sig 365XL First Impression

I went to a new range today, and they had a P365XL, and I decided to give it a go. For the record, I have shot the regular 365, and wasn't really blown way, but it didn't suck either. Point is, I didn't feel like I NEEDED one.

The gun I bought was my primary carry, a P30 LEM (heavy LEM), and some Blazer 124 & AE 124. With the rental, they gave me some Prograde 115 gr PRN (reman, new brass, similar to Freedom?). I shot the 365 first, and was amazed at how flat/smooth it shot! Kept shooting just to confirm, and kept getting the same result. Honestly, in dry fire, the trigger characteristics felt rather shitty, (spongy) but in live fire, the results were impressive. In live fire, the trigger felt just fine, and actually much better than what I felt in dry fire?
    I haven't shot my P30 much the last few months, due to the sham-demic of late, so needless to say, the 365XL shocked me! In my mind, based on what I was seeing, I was shooting BETTER with the 365, which didn't seem to add up, and was quite perplexing to say the least. The mag was the standard 12 rounder, which is just a tad bit shorter than my flush fit 15 rounder on my P30.

For this thing to be so thin, and hold 12 with the shortest mag, and shoot so smooth, I was quite amazed. It's a bit of a mind-fuck to grab a rental at the counter, at the last minute, considering you brought your primary gun, and suddenly feel you made the wrong choice!! WTH!?

After my not-so-pleasant experience with Wright Armory, (sending off a V1 LEM, and getting back a V2), I'm wondering if this had anything to do with my slightly better shooting with the 365. This range was 1.5 hrs away, was visiting my daughter), so I can't just run over there on a whim, I had a beverage or two since I left, so the dust hasn't settled yet. I'm just amazed at how minimal the felt recoil was, and how easy it was to shoot accurately! Has anyone else experienced this? I find myself wanting one, but having just spent some bucks on NP3+ for my P30, this was a bit traumatic.
    I'm not sold on the V2, or whatever damn spring they slapped in my gun, I'm not sure THEY really know...it may end up going to Teufelshund Tactical for a spring change, back to V1, and go from there.

Sorry for rambling, i just wanted to share my experience with the 365XL. These damn range trips, with rentals, is getting to be a problem for my bank account!

Name:  365-1.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  35.2 KB
    Name:  365-2.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  39.6 KB
    Name:  365-3.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  35.9 KB

sweet man, looks damn good. For me it's always about the alternatives. Does it conceal better than a G19? Can you sit at a desk all day long with it?

Will it pass the NPE application? If it doesn't do those three things, I'll carry my G19 and be happy.

Conceal better yes. Comfortable yes. NPE that’s personal.

Here’s 30 pages of P365XL goodness.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....wer-to-the-G48

Yeah buddy. Currently at 575 on my P365XL since buying it in May. Just got done shooting my first match with it tonight.

I do shoot my wife's P365 better, also. I "think" it might be the 1 to 2mm shorter trigger reach afforded by the curved vs. flat trigger, "for me". I am guessing I get better leverage? I dunno. But shooting her P365 at the range is like a laser beam. It's pretty wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    sweet man, looks damn good. For me it's always about the alternatives. Does it conceal better than a G19? Can you sit at a desk all day long with it?

Will it pass the NPE application? If it doesn't do those three things, I'll carry my G19 and be happy.
    On size alone, yes, it would conceal better. It's a bit shorter in length than the P30, and slimmer. For my build, especially for AIWB, it would conceal easier, also for IWB at 4:00. As far as I know, a G19 and P30 are pretty much identical, so I think it's safe to say yes, it would conceal easier (print less) but that may vary from person to person?

The only con that I can see, is no type of safety, not even a trigger safety. In that vein, I like my LEM trigger, so that may be the weakness, for me, with the 365, but damn what a shooter! For financial reasons, I'm trying to talk myself OUT of buying one, but it's tough

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    On size alone, yes, it would conceal better. It's a bit shorter in length than the P30, and slimmer. For my build, especially for AIWB, it would conceal easier, also for IWB at 4:00. As far as I know, a G19 and P30 are pretty much identical, so I think it's safe to say yes, it would conceal easier (print less) but that may vary from person to person?

The only con that I can see, is no type of safety, not even a trigger safety. In that vein, I like my LEM trigger, so that may be the weakness, for me, with the 365, but damn what a shooter! For financial reasons, I'm trying to talk myself OUT of buying one, but it's tough
    First comment Sauer is that my father ran shorthairs, my younger brother runs shorthairs, I use to run shorthairs, my best friend - after hunting over my shorthair no longer hunts over labs, but hunts over shorthairs.

Now, after we have laid that foundation. I have several Glocks - think more than you need. I have a specific application - think behind a desk environment and I need it to conceal very well indeed. For a guy who has carried a Glock since 1995, is this thing a better mouse trap for an every single day carry?

I always go back to the sentiment that says: I've never met a man, who was in an actual gun fight, that wanted a smaller gun with less ammo. Thant sentiment has deep roots with me.

With current affairs, I happen to be in the market for something that conceals better than most, but has some capacity if pressed into a situation that is more than a lone mugger in the parking lot.

I had to edit this post to talk about safeties. Jeff Cooper said many years ago that the safety lies between your ears, and it' not something you hold in your hands. The safety button doesn't make a gun safe. I tell many people that muzzle direction and finger on or off the trigger makes the gun safe. After 15 plus years of working with Glock's, finger disciple is key and I don't want another motion to make my tool of choice go bang. As the kids say: You do you, and I'll do me.

A long time ago, in force on force applications, a safety that one had to manipulate, was the definition of why you got shot, before the guy that didn't have to manipulate a safety. Today, I would personally never consider a firearm that I had to manipulate a safety before going "BANG".

Off soapbox, back to your regularly scheduled program.
    Last edited by Clay1; 08-28-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    First comment Sauer is that my father ran shorthairs, my younger brother runs shorthairs, I use to run shorthairs, my best friend - after hunting over my shorthair no longer hunts over labs, but hunts over shorthairs.

Now, after we have laid that foundation. I have several Glocks - think more than you need. I have a specific application - think behind a desk environment and I need it to conceal very well indeed. For a guy who has carried a Glock since 1995, is this thing a better mouse trap for an every single day carry?

I always go back to the sentiment that says: I've never met a man, who was in an actual gun fight that wanted a smaller gun with less ammo. Thant sentiment has deep roots with me.

With current affairs, I happen to be in the market for something that conceals better than most, but has some capacity if pressed into a situation that is more than a lone mugger in the parking lot.
    I love my GSP, and have hunted Quail with them back in the early 80's in Western Oklahoma. It's a joy to see them work, they truly love it.

I'll sleep on the rest, as it's been a long day.

I love my GSP, and have hunted Quail with them back in the early 80's in Western Oklahoma. It's a joy to see them work, they truly love it.

I'll sleep on the rest, as it's been a long day.
    Tomorrow, after you have slept, I will read your response with great interest. While I have been playing this game for more than a minute (as the kids say) I'm smart enough to know that I don't know - what I don't know. Please enlighten me, and I will take your response seriously.

Site Supporter
    Since you experienced no squib loads and the gun did not blow up the reman they gave you is not similar to freedom munitions.

The only con that I can see, is no type of safety, not even a trigger safety.
    SKU: 365XL-9-BXR3-MS

User Tag List