Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Airline tell FAM he can’t board with American flag mask

Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL View Post
    I fly A LOT (at least once a week) and live in a northern border town. It has always amazed me how easy it was to spot armed LEOS in my small airport. They always go around the one security checkpoint that the whole gate area can see, showing their paperwork, and board first, sometimes called BY NAME!! I board "first"and there is often 2-5 dudes already onboard. Anybody with any kind of situational awareness can easily see the same thing. Why not make it a little harder?
    There is merit in what you say and I have often brought it up with other LEOs in the past. It is a weak link in the chain and should be addressed. (Being retired from LE, it is no longer something I deal with personally.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    For those old enough, do you remember the rules governing the use of the American Flag! It was technically against the law to:
    Not take the flag down in the rain
    Leave up over night unless it was illuminated
    Never let it touch the ground
    Not use the symbol partially, I.E. full flag in Flags, Pins etc.
    Not have the Flag printing on clothing.

So if you are a old timer who respects the flag, you should not have it covering your mouth.

Bob
    Dare I say also butcher it for other purposes such as colored lines and what not.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL View Post
    I fly A LOT (at least once a week) and live in a northern border town. It has always amazed me how easy it was to spot armed LEOS in my small airport. They always go around the one security checkpoint that the whole gate area can see, showing their paperwork, and board first, sometimes called BY NAME!! I board "first"and there is often 2-5 dudes already onboard. Anybody with any kind of situational awareness can easily see the same thing. Why not make it a little harder?
    We are told we have to board first, because we have to stick our heads in the cockpit and give paperwork to the pilot, and let himself see our faces (IDFF). Popping in the cockpit with a long line of passengers around would be a give away too.

In the past, I have on occasion faked a limp while going to board, to look more injured and medical boarding instead of cop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

There are reasons LEO follow certain procedures. There is no ideal method. For operational security reasons I don't think this stuff should be discussed in a public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    In the end, it really doesn't matter what term the media uses, or the nuance. Just as terms like "liberal" have come to mean very different things over the years.

What does matter is how the relevant state and federal statutes are interpreted and applied by the prosecuting authority and the courts. One can only hope that the intended spirit of the law is respected, or hope that it will be upon appeal if a miscarriage of justice should occur.
    And this is the actual conundrum as you so often point out very adeptly. The prosecuting authority and the courts don't even bother with the spirit is anymore, they just go off their own opinion on how others are to behave and operate on that. I used to have faith that the system had the checks and balances to deal with these twits, but I really wonder now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    And this is the actual conundrum as you so often point out very adeptly. The prosecuting authority and the courts don't even bother with the spirit is anymore, they just go off their own opinion on how others are to behave and operate on that. I used to have faith that the system had the checks and balances to deal with these twits, but I really wonder now.
    I hear you brother. The system depends upon the integrity of everyone in the chain. A misdeed by one that is not brought to light or otherwise corrected by others in a position to do so can have dire consequences...for the individuals at the mercy of the determination...and the system as a whole by the loss of faith by the citizenry as you point to.

I don't have an answer or solution that can ensure that the integrity is protected and maintained...though we have done a pretty darn good job up to now. It's really up to all of us to ensure that it remains that way...via the ballot box and holding our elected representatives' feet to the fire. (Maybe a bad choice of words these days...as it may be taken too literally by some.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List