Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Airline tell FAM he can’t board with American flag mask

Frontier says the gate agent rejected the mask because it was a neck gaiter and that it had nothing to do with the flag. They do allow neck gaiters, but the policy had changed a lot and they claim the gate agent was confused.

Screenshot of their reply:

Name:  Screenshot 2020-08-28 at 23.22.50.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  74.5 KB

Frontier's response does not make logical sense, as according to the NAPO letter the FAM did put on the mask supplied by Frontier and then re-applied the original flag mask/gaiter on top, but was still denied boarding. If it was simply an issue of the flag mask/gaiter not being the correct type according to Frontier's policy, then wearing the flag mask/gaiter over the top of the mask supplied by Frontier should have resolved the issue....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This is on the lower end of my give-a-shit-list, and I'm willing to danger a monetary bet that the FAM is question is kind of a douchebag.
    In a time when everyone is offended, and has to tell everyone else they're offended, you're an outlier.

Gate agent is offended by mask, FAM is offended he can't wear his mask, and people here are offended that said incident occurred.

If I were a FAM, and the gate agent didn't like something about me, I'd make as little fuss as possible so I could continue my job, which is to protect passengers, not get offended.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This is on the lower end of my give-a-shit-list, and I'm willing to danger a monetary bet that the FAM is question is kind of a douchebag.
    I was thinking along these lines. When acting in an official capacity, especially given the nature of the FAM job description, successful completion of the mission takes priority over offense. There is a real need to be the "gray man" in that role. I too am offended by entities that ban displays of patriotism/American pride but permit displays of subversive/anti-American symbology. But perhaps, since the FAM was on a mission, it would have been better to remain low profile by not wearing things that trigger the "woke" and avoiding drawing attention to himself. Sometimes you gotta have a little flex to blend and get the job done.

And yes, the airlines response is BS but so is their underlying policy. I'm guessing that their US, "N numbered" airframe has an American flag decal somewhere on its skin.

Site Supporter
    https://www.fox29.com/news/frontier-...ark-15-flights

Look just aft of the registration number.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If I were a FAM [...] I'd make as little fuss as possible so I could continue my job, which is to protect passengers [...]
    Common misconception.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Common misconception.
    Probably because it's on the website:

The Federal Air Marshal Service detects, deters and defeats hostile acts against aviation. Federal Air Marshals are armed federal law enforcement officers deployed on passenger flights worldwide to protect airline passengers and crew against the risk of criminal and terrorist violence. Federal Air Marshals perform investigative work and participate in multi-agency task forces and in land-based investigative assignments to proactively fight terrorism. The Federal Air Marshal Service promotes public confidence in the safety of the nation’s aviation system.
    At any rate, his job description doesn't include taking offense because he can't wear his favorite mask.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter

Airline tell FAM he can’t board with American flag mask

Probably because it's on the website:

At any rate, his job description doesn't include taking offense because he can't wear his favorite mask.
    Some things shouldn’t be aired (see what I did there) in public, and I definitely agree with your last point.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Some things shouldn’t be aired (see what I did there) in public, and I definitely agree with your last point.
    Be careful, pun master @blues might take offense.

Site Supporter
    Be careful, pun master @blues might take offense.
    He was definitely trolling.

User Tag List