Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Airline tell FAM he can’t board with American flag mask

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    From the letter:
    Mea culpa. That's what I get for posting before coffee.

Related but slightly off-topic question...

Back when I flew regularly while wearing a firearm, the cockpit and any FAM were advised of my status and seat position. Often, but not always, I'd board early and have a conversation with the crew about what they wanted and expected in the event of issues. Different crews had different perspectives, but nearly all were very supportive and professional.

Oftentimes I would not be advised, unless I asked, if there were other armed passengers aboard the flight. I would explain that in the event of an incident, I would need to know if there were good guys aboard, even if I wasn't made privy of their seat assignment. (Which I can't ever remember being told specifically, but my memory may be faulty on that.)

Has policy changed regarding notification and information being shared with other armed agents aboard a flight?

Thanks in advance.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Sitting up front, we always knew who on board was armed and made sure they knew each other too as to not have that issue if something happened or who was the guys guys and who were the bad guys. One of the reasons that I no longer carry concealed is for the fear of being taking as a bad guy by an undercover cop, a on duty one or maybe by a 17 year old acting as a vigilante.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    From the letter:
    It sounds like the FAM did EXACTLY what they needed to do in order to accomplish the mission, and then appropriately handled the bullshit from the gate attendant offline in a manner in keeping with his agency’s professional standards.

I’m struggling to see why the default is that the agent is the problem here.
    Last edited by Sensei; 08-29-2020 at 01:27 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Back when I flew regularly while wearing a firearm, the cockpit and any FAM were advised of my status and seat position. Often, but not always, I'd board early and have a conversation with the crew about what they wanted and expected in the event of issues. Different crews had different perspectives, but nearly all were very supportive and professional.

Oftentimes I would not be advised, unless I asked, if there were other armed passengers aboard the flight. I would explain that in the event of an incident, I would need to know if there were good guys aboard, even if I wasn't made privy of their seat assignment. (Which I can't ever remember being told specifically, but my memory may be faulty on that.)

Has policy changed regarding notification and information being shared with other armed agents aboard a flight?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes, but this isn't something to be discussed here.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Yes, but this isn't something to be discussed here.
    T, I expected a PM regarding details. Give me a little friggin' credit please. (No disrespect intended.)

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    Sitting up front, we always knew who on board was armed and made sure they knew each other too as to not have that issue if something happened or who was the guys guys and who were the bad guys. One of the reasons that I no longer carry concealed is for the fear of being taking as a bad guy by an undercover cop, a on duty one or maybe by a 17 year old acting as a vigilante.
    Not something I'm really concerned over. I do try to stay away from "triple-stupid" situations, which includes morons LARPing/CosPlaying with live ammunition.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I thought it was obvious who the FAM's were. They always sat in the rear of the aircraft, never fell asleep, watched everyone, wore a jacket, and had no carry on.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    PM inbound

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    PM inbound
    Thanks. Received and replied. And thanks to the other two members who also took the time to fill me in.

Somewhat better than before in certain respects, but could still use a bit of adjusting imho. That said, no need to hash the specifics here as my friend @TGS mentioned earlier.

Thanks, gents.

User Tag List