Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Airline tell FAM he can’t board with American flag mask

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    One of the reasons that I no longer carry concealed is for the fear of being taking as a bad guy by an undercover cop, a on duty one or maybe by a 17 year old acting as a vigilante.

Bob
    Oh that’s easy enough, just don’t chase down the 17 year old “vigilante” with a skateboard and then start smashing him in the head with the skateboard and you’ll be fine. Also maybe avoid areas that were abandoned by government authorities and controlled by violent anarchists and you’ll avoid 17 year old vigilantes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Oh that’s easy enough, just don’t chase down the 17 year old “vigilante” with a skateboard and then start smashing him in the head with the skateboard and you’ll be fine. Also maybe avoid areas that were abandoned by government authorities and controlled by violent anarchists and you’ll avoid 17 year old vigilantes.
    Oh, agreed.

I’d say that was a cheap shot, @ rkittine .

While we can debate the wisdom of the “stupid places” decision of the 17 yr old in question, I’d say he demonstrated admirable discrimination in who was shot, and excellent restraint in only shooting those necessary to allow him to walk away from the encounter.

Edited to reference the correct member

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Related but slightly off-topic question...

Back when I flew regularly while wearing a firearm, the cockpit and any FAM were advised of my status and seat position. Often, but not always, I'd board early and have a conversation with the crew about what they wanted and expected in the event of issues. Different crews had different perspectives, but nearly all were very supportive and professional.

Oftentimes I would not be advised, unless I asked, if there were other armed passengers aboard the flight. I would explain that in the event of an incident, I would need to know if there were good guys aboard, even if I wasn't made privy of their seat assignment. (Which I can't ever remember being told specifically, but my memory may be faulty on that.)

Has policy changed regarding notification and information being shared with other armed agents aboard a flight?

Thanks in advance.
    PM me if you want the updated info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    PM me if you want the updated info.

Consider it inbound...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Anyone seen Jackdog 'round here lately? Seems he might have something relevant to add here.
    I’m here and reading the thread.

From info within the agency he followed the GAs “request” and removed the neck gator. He maintained his composure and didn’t get into a pissing match with the GA. He then sent it up
    The COC to be dealt with.

As a mission focus dude, I wear nothing that would give info to potential enemies. I do wear my U2 at work.

I will say most of us hired in ‘01-‘02 timeframe are getting short and are tired of the attitude presented by some airline employees. I have 739 days till I’m eligible. Can’t wait!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    ... a 17 year old acting as a vigilante...
    I see the mainstreet media calling this boy a vigilante. I was under the impression that a vigilante pursued and/or punished criminals seeking "justice" where the law failed. I didn't see anything reported that would make me think that this boy was acting as a vigilante. Do I have a misunderstanding of the term vigilante or is there some data about him I don't know? Maybe I watched too many westerns as a kid.

Seriously, would this boy's actions be considered that of a vigilante?
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    I see the mainstreet media calling this boy a vigilante. I was under the impression that a vigilante pursued and/or punished criminals seeking "justice" where the law failed. I didn't see anything reported that would make me think that this boy was acting as a vigilante. Do I have a misunderstanding of the term vigilante or is there some data about him I don't know? Maybe I watched too many westerns as a kid.

From the Oxford dictionary:

a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.
    I think the argument can be made that the young man willfully went to a location armed with a rifle with an eye toward participating in the event. It will be up to judge and jury whether there is sufficient justification to exonerate him of the charges brought against him.

(I am not expressing my opinion, pro or con, of the young man in question.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post

Well don't feel bad and for what it's worth the definitions of protesting, protestor, peaceful and justice have all been rewritten too. Or maybe they just assigned "alternate" definitions to use by mainstream media only. I don't fuckin know anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Well don't feel bad and for what it's worth the definitions of protesting, protestor, peaceful and justice have all been rewritten too. Or maybe they just assigned "alternate" definitions to use by mainstream media only. I don't fuckin know anymore...
    In the end, it really doesn't matter what term the media uses, or the nuance. Just as terms like "liberal" have come to mean very different things over the years.

What does matter is how the relevant state and federal statutes are interpreted and applied by the prosecuting authority and the courts. One can only hope that the intended spirit of the law is respected, or hope that it will be upon appeal if a miscarriage of justice should occur.

I fly A LOT (at least once a week) and live in a northern border town. It has always amazed me how easy it was to spot armed LEOS in my small airport. They always go around the one security checkpoint that the whole gate area can see, showing their paperwork, and board first, sometimes called BY NAME!! I board "first"and there is often 2-5 dudes already onboard. Anybody with any kind of situational awareness can easily see the same thing. Why not make it a little harder?

User Tag List