Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI: Light Truck Tires

Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    Michelin Defenders
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan9 View Post
    Agree 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    ^^^^This.

My roomie went from some mid-grade tires on her SUV that her mechanic said he puts on all his cars to Michelin Defenders. The improvement in handling, especially on wet pavement, was very noticeable. Road noise was less, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock185 View Post
    Cooper Discoverer H/Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    ^^^ this ^^^
    Probably ordering one or the other of the above today. I like that the Coopers are a little less expensive, but the Michelin seem to be the go-to standard most places I look. And on Tirerack.com they seem to have a better "wet" rating than the Cooper's in buyer reviews.

Anyplace else online I should be looking besides Tirerack.com? Pretty sure the last couple of times I bought non-OEM tires that's where I got them. Seems ok.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

If you have a well managed Discount Tire locally you might see if they'll price match.
    Discount Tire has always treated me right when I've had any issues.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Probably ordering one or the other of the above today. I like that the Coopers are a little less expensive, but the Michelin seem to be the go-to standard most places I look. And on Tirerack.com they seem to have a better "wet" rating than the Cooper's in buyer reviews.

Anyplace else online I should be looking besides Tirerack.com? Pretty sure the last couple of times I bought non-OEM tires that's where I got them. Seems ok.
    I recently ordered Michelins for my truck from Tire Rack and had them shipped to my house. Tire Rack doesn't collect sales tax in Florida. I had them installed in my driveway by my local (Tampa) Thread Connection guy. Worked out great. Michelin was running a gift card rebate and that cancelled out the cost of mounting and balancing. Saved $100.00 over going through a local store and then not being able to watch them to see if they knew what they were doing.

If you have a well managed Discount Tire locally you might see if they'll price match.
    X2. I use discount tire exclusively, they have always price matched tires.

Site Supporter
    Late to the party. Concur re Michelins based on 10 years with a 2005 Honda Minivan and 25 years with a Jeep Cherokee Sport.

Costco has been a go to here for good tires/prices/warranty as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

I got my Coopers (AT3 XLTs fwiw) through Tirebuyer.com. Had a good experience with them, but local shop I sent them to didn’t really want to honor the install price quoted via Tirebuyers auto system. (We negotiated it out, no drama). If you’re going to have something sent to a local place don’t assume it’s all a well-Oiled machine as far as that process goes...

Need tires for my wife’s van soon and I’ll probably just hit up discount tire.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    X2. I use discount tire exclusively, they have always price matched tires.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Need tires for my wife’s van soon and I’ll probably just hit up discount tire.
    Closest one is 45 min from the house, so probably won't opt for that. Only 20 min from the office, but that still seems like a pain in the butt.

If I find someplace close enough to home, wife will take it in for me
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Michelin Defenders for primarily pavement.

I'm liking the Pirelli Scorpion All-Terrain Plus - for all-terrain, but it doesn't sound like you need that at all.

Site Supporter
    Michelin LTX or Defenders are the gold standard for the OP's purposes.

For more dedicated 4wd stuff the Falken Wildpeaks A/T3's are worth a look.

Site Supporter
    I'm very happy with Coopers and have them on both my truck and my wife's. The Michelin are also excellent. I've been very happy with Discount Tire as well and they have become my go to.

User Tag List