Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 10 round mags not as reliable. WTF

are the 10-round magpuls reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I suspect Glock believes they designed a new and reliable ten round magazine, but it fits the 43X and 48. The surest way for them to develop a reliable one for the 19/17/34 is for a Dem trifecta in November.
    If it came to that, I have a better idea.. My HK45C LEM.. 8rd mags work just fine, as do the 10rnd elephant foot mags, and 10rnd HK45 mags also work. Accurate, reliable, and makes a little bigger hole, not much bigger than a G19. What’s not to like?

I’ve been down this road living in a capacity limited state. Tried all the follower/spring combinations that are recommended. Fmj is a non issue with the 10 round mags, you start getting issues with the JHP etc and there is no remedy. Armorers class does not recommended the 10s for duty carry. Guess who takes those classes?
    Cops etc, who aren’t bound by the magazine capacity limits.

I tried the Magpul magazines and didn’t get the warm and fuzzys from the stoppages that I had. I carried a g43 with a reload until the g48 arrived and that’s what I have been carrying since it was vetted.

Again the issues were with the g19 sized mags and very much less so worth the 17/34 sized magazine.

Yes I agree other manufacturers have it figured out.

Yes it’s frustrating.

As others have said, glock designed the 43x and 48 to solve that “problem”.
    Don’t like it? Carry Something else and focus your energy on moving weights or reading a book. It’s not going to be solved here unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

For LEOSA carry, bought three factory G17 mags, 10-rounders, thru Cabelas, in spring 2018. Report: They are 100% reliable with several brands of FMJ. So far, my Winchester 147 JHP has also been 100% reliable. The one thing I did deviate from is not topping off the mag after chambering a round. One in the pipe, nine in the mag. I figure why push my luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    For LEOSA carry, bought three factory G17 mags, 10-rounders, thru Cabelas, in spring 2018. Report: They are 100% reliable with several brands of FMJ. So far, my Winchester 147 JHP has also been 100% reliable. The one thing I did deviate from is not topping off the mag after chambering a round. One in the pipe, nine in the mag. I figure why push my luck.
    I pretty much do that with all of my Glock magazines for carry...

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    are the 10-round magpuls reliable?
    Yes, with the same caveats of the standard capacities.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Interesting and useful data point. Thanks!
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

It's the follower, replace the follower with the normal 9mm ones (I used 9mm3 when I lived in NY, there might be newer ones now), and all reliability problems go away. They redesigned the follower because it was maybe kinda sorta possible to sometimes fit an 11th round in some of the 10 round magazines with the normal followers.

This is 100% of the problem, I had no issues in thousands of rounds through 6 10 rounders once the proven follower was installed.
    Join FPC

Does the gen 5 g19 10rd mag need follower replacement

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    It's the follower, replace the follower with the normal 9mm ones (I used 9mm3 when I lived in NY, there might be newer ones now), and all reliability problems go away. They redesigned the follower because it was maybe kinda sorta possible to sometimes fit an 11th round in some of the 10 round magazines with the normal followers.

This is 100% of the problem, I had no issues in thousands of rounds through 6 10 rounders once the proven follower was installed.
    I swapped the followers in mine and I had mixed results. Some worked better, some still sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Does the gen 5 g19 10rd mag need follower replacement
    I have two of them at home. I’ll check when I get home from work. I believe they came with the 9mm6 followers.

User Tag List