Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 10 round mags not as reliable. WTF

Glock 10 round mags not as reliable. WTF

I'm late to the party in learning that Glock 10-round 19/17/34 magazines are not as reliable as full capacity magazines.

WTF is the point of a Glock if you don't get it's full reliability? How can Glock let this continue to happen for multiple generations? Why are more people not giving them sh!t over this?

What I'm not understanding is - why the fcuk didn't they just put a spacer in the bottom of a normal magazine. It seems both a) simple and b) retains 100% of the functionality and reliability of the original magazine? Why on earth would they go and create whole new single stack design that is less reliable? And why did they continue with this broken design over many years and multiple generations? Seriously, I'm baffled here.
    Last edited by matto; 08-27-2020 at 11:30 PM.

As you noted old news. Somewhere I have two G19 10 rounders. Have them marked as T1 & T2 (Training), use only for training on the range. Normally load less than 10 rounds, no malfunctions. So far only lived in free states (well CA, but my G17 and standard capacity mags were legal then).

If stuck in Mag limit state, no joy. Lobby PMag to make a quality 10 round or try switching out OEM followers if you can find any.

YMMV, good luck.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    Seriously, I'm baffled here.
    Quoting Aaron Cowan regarding Glock's flaws that they don't seem to be in a hurry to fix (the MOS plates)

their unofficial motto is "Fuck you, you'll buy it anyway"

Leave it to end users to have to think outside of the box

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Well that's certainly creative. Hah.

I was thinking a glock 26 with a +0 extension. But that's another way to go.

Just not getting why they passed on the obviously effective solution. I guess the best I can do is vote with my wallet and take my money elsewhere.

I suspect Glock believes they designed a new and reliable ten round magazine, but it fits the 43X and 48. The surest way for them to develop a reliable one for the 19/17/34 is for a Dem trifecta in November.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I suspect Glock believes they designed a new and reliable ten round magazine, but it fits the 43X and 48. The surest way for them to develop a reliable one for the 19/17/34 is for a Dem trifecta in November.
    Even if there is a Dem trifecta, how are you going to get that many people who never shoot their guns enough to actually figure out their shite 10-rounders for their Glock Perfection aren’t worth the plastic and sheet metal they’re made from? Besides, like you said, Glock already gave everyone a solution. The G43x/G48. Why admit that you fucked up on making low cap mags for generations when you can just sell everyone new shiny things?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I suspect Glock believes they designed a new and reliable ten round magazine, but it fits the 43X and 48.
    Yeppers.

I believe it's a simple business decision. Where is the market for a reliable 10 round Glock 19/17 magazine - at best, in magazine ban areas, no? The people buying new Glocks there, are they buying a Glock 19/17 "for protection", as a first pistol? I would say not.

As far as Glock goes, they are busy selling every G43X/G48 they can make - My guess is they would not invest resources into an R&D program to develop a different 10-round mag, when they don't see the profit. They put in a huge effort to transition to the 10 round 43X/48 mag, accepting mag incompatibility with legacy double stack products like the G19/17, as well as the G43 single stack, even. I think they saw the success of the P365 and wanted a piece of that - I don't blame Glock one bit.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-28-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Do you notice any G43X/G48 pistols for "certified" for sale in CA: https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/cert...ch?make=150972 ???
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Do you notice any G43X/G48 pistols for "certified" for sale in CA: https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/cert...ch?make=150972 ???
    Given that Gen4 pistols aren’t even on the list in California, what magazines are people feeding their Gen3 9mm Glocks that are buying new?

User Tag List