Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain this to me.. professional sports...

Explain this to me.. professional sports...

Today, pretty much everyone in professional sports refused to play today in protest of a violent felon, armed with a knife, being shot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...s-jacob-blake/

What do they hope to gain by not playing? They've pretty much cemented my resolve to never watch another professional sporting event again.

Oh no! What ever will we do?!?

They figure by refusing to play they can get fans to care about whatever they’re protesting and get mad about it because it interrupted their sports-ball viewing. Don’t look at the details of the incident and ascertain facts though, because then you’re going to start having racist thoughts like “why didn’t he drop the knife?”
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Those ladies are so stunning, brave, and virtuous!
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    Virtue signaling is more contagious than COVID and is also apparently a brain wasting disease.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    They figure by refusing to play they can get fans to care about whatever they’re protesting and get mad about it because it interrupted their sports-ball viewing.
    This is what they think.

However, this is what they risk happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    They've pretty much cemented my resolve to never watch another professional sporting event again.
    I haven't watched even parts of an NBA game since Dec 19. I haven't watched any ML baseball this year. The WNBA is playing without fans in the arena, which is pretty much normal operations for them.

I have watched a few rounds of PGA golf this year, though.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Only sport I watch is the NFL and if they pull this shit I am totally happy to find something else to do with my time.

Well, the three remaining NBA fans will be dissappointed.

But yeah, I think we are witnessing the death of professional sports. There's no recovery from this wokeness. It's like when all the Progressives, swooning over the possibility of Trump being elected in 2016, promised to leave for Canada, or Switzerland, or whatever, if he got in office. But unfortunately, they are all still here.)

I hope the same happens with sports. I literally could not care less about watching some overpaid entertainers play a child's game. Unfortunately, once they realize the money train's stopping, they'll be back, probably with "terms" for their return.

I say fuck 'em. They can eat a bag of dicks for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Only sport I watch is the NFL and if they pull this shit I am totally happy to find something else to do with my time.
    Very likely they will.

Kind of reminds me of back in 2016 when a bunch of famous Hollywood actors put out an advertisement that was very anti Trump. Someone on the right then made a follow-up commercial saying things like " famous Hollywood actors, what would we do without you? Your knowledge of politics and how the world works is so great!"

Substitute the current professional sports players for the famous actors, and you've got the current situation.

I've been off sports for quite awhile, don't miss it at all.

User Tag List