Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member from Walpole

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Cartwright SASS View Post
    Pistol forum was pointed out to me by a friend of my brothers.
    I decided to give it a shot and hope I can be of help and add to the threads.

I collect Boston Police guns, having one of the best collections in the country, including the best Boston Police Pistol team collection including 3 sequentially serial numbered Colt Officers Model Target revolvers from 1932 and two sequential numbered Colt Woodsmans Bullseye's from 1938 all marked BPD and sent to the Boston PD pistol team.

check out my website at www.bpdguns.com

Cool, you actually shoot anything ? Guessing SASS ?

Quote Originally Posted by karandom View Post
    Welcome, good to see a fellow MA member. I'm in Boston myself.
    We are all behind enemy lines in Massachusettstan
    Ferengi rule of acquisition #59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"
    website www.bpdguns.com

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Cool, you actually shoot anything ? Guessing SASS ?
    Yup Single Action Shooting Society. Used to shoot in RI and MA until my knees got so bad that it is hard to stand or walk. my 3rd (youngest) late son was/is Joe Cartwright. I keep both names active by paying the yearly dues.
    Now I do postal matches with the Cast Bullet Association, I can sit at the firing line.

The nice thing about collecting used guns is that I can shoot all of them and do (except for 2 of my model 36 snubbies BPD that are NIB) the Woodsmans and the OMT are really spot on.
    Ferengi rule of acquisition #59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"
    website www.bpdguns.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Cartwright SASS View Post
    Yup Single Action Shooting Society. Used to shoot in RI and MA until my knees got so bad that it is hard to stand or walk. my 3rd (youngest) late son was/is Joe Cartwright. I keep both names active by paying the yearly dues.
    Now I do postal matches with the Cast Bullet Association, I can sit at the firing line.

The nice thing about collecting used guns is that I can shoot all of them and do (except for 2 of my model 36 snubbies BPD that are NIB) the Woodsmans and the OMT are really spot on.
    Postal matches are set for a come back in the age of COVID.

There is a training device called the Mantis-X which uses a motion sensor that talks to an app on your phone via Bluetooth. Some users have been using them to conduct “digital” or virtual postal matches. Might be worth a look

User Tag List