Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Not my monkeys or circus (yet?)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    And our currency?

If so what have you done?

Sorry Sir - your social credit score is not high enough to buy bread today. Can I interest you in som Soylent Green?

Just where IS Charlton Heston now, when we need him? I spose he's still got those "cold, dead fingers" wrapped around a firearm. I had forgotten Chuck Connors (The Rifleman) was in that, too. Not to mention a real old time "tuff guy" - Edward G. Robinson.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    There is a huge push right now to move to all digital currency....and eliminate cash in society as much as possible.... I'll leave it to others to extrapolate from that what they will other than to say it's a hell of a lot easier to control a population if they have no way to legally exchange or store (save) value than the system controlled by the government and it's designated partner enterprises....
    Are gas stations, restaurants and stores limiting cash purchases or limiting them to certain registers in your area? In addition to that there are at least three gas stations within 5 miles of me with signs up offering to buy change from people. (in AL)
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Are gas stations, restaurants and stores limiting cash purchases or limiting them to certain registers in your area? In addition to that there are at least three gas stations within 5 miles of me with signs up offering to buy change from people. (in AL)
    Yep. One of my local markets has gone cashless. They claim it is to protect their workers.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    "Does not play well with others" said every teacher I ever had growing up.

Besides, the only way two people can keep a secret is if one of them is dead.
    Shit kicks off I'm going to be taking some secrets to the grave.

Your comment reminds me of a man who is dead. “Doc” had been a corpsman in Vietnam. He stayed for several months in my friends gun shop in a rough area of Tulsa. It was not uncommon to hear gunshots at night in the vicinity. ( my friend was a former Seal and nocturnal, we would work on stuff at night). Anyway Doc would mention when his elderly and nearly blind dog would bark he would check out the vicinity of the gun shop. (It was a seedy business park). Anyway, one day I tell the the smith he should warn Doc about going out at night, I did not want him to get ambushed. Mike looked at me, paused, and said “you don’t have have to worry about that old man, he’s salty”. Good memories of camaraderie.

That said, it sure is nice to have someone have your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    @Suvarov OODA Loop. Much cooler than Cog’s Ladder.

@Gyro, I cheated. I saw the pyramid a few months ago, but could not find a copy I saved. So I did a search for ‘insurgency pyramid’ https://duckduckgo.com/?q=insurgency...&t=ipad&ia=web
    And used an image I found there. I did not read the article at soc.mil that contains the pyramid. https://www.soc.mil/SWCS/SWmag/archi...oroPyramid.pdf

My concern is not the details, but the fact that, today, we are 3/4 of the way to the top of the freakin pyramid! As was discussed by @rcbusmc24 above, we are in it already. Portland, Kenosha, Seattle and more illustrate this well. What worries me is when the locals get fed up and run a version of Bracken’s sniper ambush:

https://www.theprepperjournal.com/20...lode-violence/

http://americandigest.org/the-ambush-by-matt-bracken/

I’m firmly in the camp of doing what we can to avoid the violent outcome. An insurgency here would be incredibly ugly, and we would all lose. I would make great effort to avoid that.

We are a nation of laws, and one of our fundamental tenets is that these laws apply to all people equally. When I see reports of one group/faction receiving different treatment under the law due to a special aggrieved status, it revolts me. I believe in a meritocracy. Special treatment for politicians, power figures, athletes, entertainers, etc... is crap. Furthermore when the president, the attorney general, a mayor, and a district attorney chooses not to apply the law (charge/prosecute) due to political games, that is bullshit. The law is the law. When an everyday bloke like me sees evidence that the rule of law no longer applies evenly, or no longer applies at all, I get frustrated.

Right now I’m relying on the soap box and the ballot box. I hope to God it never comes to the cartridge box.

Attachment 59566
    We were a nation of laws.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    My biggest concern is this: once society no longer has faith in their legal and justice systems how long before they loose faith in their currency? We all know that the dollar is only valuable because people believe it so.

When the 99% has lost all their fortunes - then the monkeys become everybody’s.

The system is being attacked because it doesn't work for a lot of people anymore, or so they say. The problem I see is it's always been that way here since we started this country. The people who want it changed now are naive at best. I spent two years in a Muslim country and a good deal of time in Mexico. They would love to have our system of gov't. That's the reason so many people want to immigrate to the US. The people who want to riot should all see what I've seen. They would just be amazed that they actually have the ability to change the system without destroying it.

People aren't going to lose their fortunes and the currency isn't going to be devalued until those millions of rounds of ammo that was recently purchased is all used up. That would be the difference in this country and places like Africa and Mexico. The gov't doesn't have the hammer and neither do a bunch of skateboarders with frozen water bottles and knifes.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Student
    I can't assume everyone here listens to Ballistic Radio, so I strongly recommend everyone concerned with the subject matter discussed in this thread go over there and listen to Chris Cypert (if you're reading this, congratulations on getting retired/hired) and Dr. Aprill's most recent appearances for what the bigger landscape and personal portrait of the current circumstances look like.

http://ballisticradio.com/2020/07/30...8-episode-323/
    http://ballisticradio.com/2020/08/05...8-episode-324/

http://ballisticradio.com/2020/08/15...8-episode-325/
    http://ballisticradio.com/2020/08/24...8-episode-326/

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Threads on this site have answered this for me; there are people that think radicals in some cities having riots are a threat to the entire USA.

I think they're totally wrong but you don't have to look hard to see this opinion right here.
    Would you be willing to expound on your line of thought? I’m genuinely curious.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Good job moving that conversation to this thread...that was my thought too when I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I think they're people angry and scared during a global pandemic and a wrecked economy, especially in cities that generally were prone to this sort of thing already. I think a political climate of us vs. them contributes. But I don't think it's more than that.

I think a vaccine and/or better job growth will make it stop as long as it doesn't escalate before we get those.

I do not think we're teetering on the edge of a civil war, and while I think a bunch of lost elections are coming for the GOP, I don't think that's going to ruin the country any more than Trump has.

I think everything is going to be OK.

User Tag List