Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sako S20 Precision?

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Judging from what I see at the range right before hunting season, not very many. It's sexy though.
    That's a pretty fair statement. But for me, long range steel banging is just a training tool. The more steel I shoot from 700,out to 1000 yds, the better I am at those 300-400 yard hunting shots. I know for a fact that I have gotten a lot better at dealing with the wind since I started stretching the 6.5PRC out.

And the 6.5 PRC recoil is a lot kinder to me than the .270 ever was.

Fact is, if the Buck of a lifetime was standing broadside to me at 800 yards, he's either gonna have to wait and let me catch up to him, or he's simply gonna live another day.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Sorry meant to reply some time ago… no I have not (yet) but I am quite interested in the S20, still. I made it out to Eurooptic and looked at a number of rifles to include the S20. The Carbon Wolf is amazingly balanced but not sure it's twice-as-expensive amazing. The employee I was working with was also recommending Seekins and Christensen Arms as well. They were pretty cool but, particularly with Christensen Arms, I saw some negative online chatter about them.

I do like a factory assembled rifle so the Sako is looking like a good option and probably the front runner. Now I'm considering the Zeiss 3x18 Conquest on top.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Did you end up going with the S20?
    I finally handled one today in 6.5 PRC with the hunter stock, and I really liked it.
    I bought a Mauser M18 in 6.5 PRC last year just to get a chance to play with the caliber and I really like it as far as performance and lack of recoil.
    The M18 on the other hand, while easily meeting the accuracy standards promised by Mauser, needs quite a bit of improvement in the ergo's at least for me.
    I guess I could just load the stock with a bit of weight to shift the balance, but the S20 felt great from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Sorry meant to reply some time ago… no I have not (yet) but I am quite interested in the S20, still. I made it out to Eurooptic and looked at a number of rifles to include the S20. The Carbon Wolf is amazingly balanced but not sure it's twice-as-expensive amazing. The employee I was working with was also recommending Seekins and Christensen Arms as well. They were pretty cool but, particularly with Christensen Arms, I saw some negative online chatter about them.

I do like a factory assembled rifle so the Sako is looking like a good option and probably the front runner. Now I'm considering the Zeiss 3x18 Conquest on top.
    Yeah, I was flirting with the S20, I really liked the ergo's, and Sako is really good quality for the price point. However, I've been informed by multiple parties to not expect 6.5 PRC in any real quantity's until late this calendar year. That prediction may be local to only me, but that is certainly influencing my current choice of going with a manufacturer who makes rifles in proprietary calibers. They also manufacture their own ammo, and it is available on the shelf, and for order through them. US based, and in a neighboring state is also a plus.

That Zeiss glass is really nice, I actually almost bought one. Until I tried a Steiner 3 x 15. I'm so pleased with it I doubt I will ever buy another brand.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

I'm sticking with boring old .308 so I should be good to go.

Site Supporter
    Heavy, I know, but for under $750, a great deal. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020586712

Bushnell DMRII 3.5-21. Illuminated reticle is on clearance too for about $50 more.

Also, in your shoes, I’d get a Nightforce SHV 4-14 F1. Great do-it-all scope light enough to hunt with. FFP, and enough range to get you out to 1K. Great QC and reputation. If you are first responder, etc, you can get one directly from NF for danger-close to $1K!!
    Last edited by TOTS; 02-13-2021 at 09:39 AM.

User Tag List