Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: USPS Priority delays

USPS Priority delays

I recently have had multiple Priority packages, from opposite ends of the country delayed. Seems like they are taking 2X, at least, the regular three day delivery time. If you have something that you need on a time line, I would use UPS or FedEx.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

We have experienced multiple issues with packages being strangely routed. A package will get sent to the Alabama only to be routed to a post office in the wrong city, causing it to be returned to the hub. My wife sent a package to Nashville, a drive of ninety minutes. It took a week as the package took a tour of metro Tennessee. On the other hand, a package from MN beat the delivery estimate by a day.

It appears USPS is running over capacity due to personnel issues and increased package volumes.

On the UPS end, my wife sent some DVD's from NW Florida to SW Florida in June. With UPS you can track the progress. It took two days to get to Jacksonville, and then stopped. At the two week point, we checked on it with UPS and they put a tracer on it. At the one month point, we filed a claim. A week later the package arrived at the destination.

At this point, I hope the USPS burns and dies, and everyone involved gets AIDS.
    6 PCs shipped 7/31. As of 8/25 they're STILL lost in transit. They showed up in NJ late, then hung out in Jersey City for 2 weeks, then took another 2 week trip to MA.
    These are for a forklift upgrade of an entire dental office, that was supposed to happen this week (clearly, it's not.)
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

A coworker in Connecticut had a package from Ohio go Ohio->Connecticut->Florida->Connecticut and then back to Florida twice more before being delivered weeks later.

I'm sure COVID-19 has a lot to do with this, but I am starting to think something's up. This doesn't happen during the holidays when volume is way up.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    forklift upgrade of an entire dental office
    I'm racking my brain to imagine what autocorrect error generated this..

Ordered a part for my daughters car. USPS tracking showed an ETA of 3 days. No further scans until day 10 when it showed "out for delivery". I've read that Priority packages are not being delayed but this was shipped Priority, so,.....

FedEx is the only service that is reliably on time for me.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I recently have had multiple Priority packages, from opposite ends of the country delayed. Seems like they are taking 2X, at least, the regular three day delivery time. If you have something that you need on a time line, I would use UPS or FedEx.
    There is new management at USPS put in by the current administration. Please consult the current news freakout.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    There is new management at USPS put in by the current administration. Please consult the current news freakout.
    Yeah. From the news reports I assumed the post office had put a priority on expedited delivery of guns, gun accessories and Republican mail in votes, but apparently that isn’t happening.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yeah. From the news reports I assumed the post office had put a priority on expedited delivery of guns, gun accessories and Republican mail in votes, but apparently that isn’t happening.
    Nope, they're instead prioritizing ACLU donations, welfare checks, Antifa zines, and mail-order abortions. George soros!!!!

I'm currently waiting on a Apex trigger.
    USPS doesn't have any problem getting it out the door of their distribution center and onto the wrong truck, twice now.
    Tracking:
    Phoenix to El Paso
    El Paso to Lubbock (cool, once it hits Lubbock I usually have it the next day)
    Lubbock to Amarillo? (never seen that one before)
    Amarillo to Lubbock (fixing their screw up)
    Lubbock to... Amarillo. (here we go again)

Hurry the heck up, my Glock 44 needs its Apex dammit.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List