Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: USPS Priority delays

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Amarillo by morning...

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

FedEx is the only service that is reliably on time for me.
    FedEx, or my likely just my specific driver, has had several packages "unable to deliver". My wife is certain no truck ever came by. Not usually a big deal, we get it the next day, but it's happened a few times.

Site Supporter
    Here in Northern VA, the only issue I've had with shipping has been with UPS. I literally had two items shipped from the opposite side of the country via UPS and USPS. The USPS item arrived in about 3 days, the UPS one not only took over a week, it was delivered a day later than indicated by tracking. UPS routinely delivers late for various reasons. I had a package arrive at the local distribution center and put on the truck twice to be delivered to my house only to be returned for "reasons".

I just got something from Brownells, via USPS, that arrived two days earlier than promised by USPS.

FedEx has been good as well.

That said, I do have a problem with USPS in that they can't seem to follow directions related to their mail hold system. If I put a hold on my mail for N days and say "I'll pick it up at the post office", they deliver it at the end of the hold. If I select the "deliver held mail" option, they hold it at the post office. If my plans change and I return home earlier than planned and cancel the hold, they continue to hold mail until the end of the originally scheduled hold period. These are minor issues, but annoying.

Chris

Bought an expensive (to me) book from a seller on Amazon 01AUG, USPS delivery should have happened on the 13th. Except they tried to deliver to one of the two vacant houses near us. Instead of double checking the address they marked it as vacant and returned it to the vendor at the same speed it was sent.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I've had one package returned to sender for no reason, another arrive almost three weeks late, and another that bounced back and forth between different D/FW distribution centers for almost a week (including the same distribution center at least twice) before it finally appeared on our doorstep. Those problems started months ago and have only gotten worse.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

USPS Priority Mail has been taking about a week to show up. Half the time the tracking is garbage. Not the end of the world but I'll pay for UPS to deliver in 3 days if I really need something.

Site Supporter
    As a shipper using USPS since almost exclusively 2008, I have had no issues re lost items. Until recently, they have been +/- 1 day on priority and solid on 1st class as well. I have certainly not had any inquiries re the same.

I concur, that in the last 4 weeks, delays abound both on the shipping and receiving end. I would tell anyone double the time right now and concur re Fed X if time is really of the essence.

Site Supporter
    A scope recently took 25 days for delivery through USPS. Had to initiate claim with seller and USPS and suddenly it started moving again. I bought a barrel recently and it was shipped 2 day priority and took 7 days.

Two Velcro Name Tapes 4.5" x 1.5" for dog collars. In transit for 10 days Florida to Connecticut. How big can that package be?

August 15, 2020, 5:21 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Status
    Out for Delivery
    August 25, 2020 at 7:10 am

Maybe arriving today? I'm optimistic but not holding my breath.

A while back I had a Brownells order that said Accepted by my local Post Office. UPS hand off to USPS for final leg. That took 2 more weeks. Local PO claimed then didn't have it when tracking info said they did.

Site Supporter
    Priority Mail package CA to PA, usually 3 days, today: into the USPS black hole

Name:  USPS_9400111202555438990778.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  34.7 KB
    "There are two ways to do most anything- right and again."

User Tag List