Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failure (AKA Drug or Armor) Drills

In google, type Farnam DTI Action Taget tq19 and an image will show up. But on the actiontarget.com site no results. Dunno what to tell you, they must not want to sell any. Maybe I'm not looking correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    In google, type Farnam DTI Action Taget tq19 and an image will show up. But on the actiontarget.com site no results. Dunno what to tell you, they must not want to sell any. Maybe I'm not looking correctly.
    Thanks. That (eventually) led to Lockhart Tactical who sells them.

Farnam is a big believer in the zipper drill, and the paper target he designed is set up for it.
    This has never made sense to me. Instead of spending time putting rounds in non-vital areas, get your sights on a vital area and end it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    Been busy clearing as much of the downed trees as possible, not much fun with the heat index of 104-110 we’ve been having. Yesterday I picked up a tarp, a case each of water and MREs and some ice from the LAARNG distribution point - my unit ran the same operation during Katrina. We ate supper last night using the tailgate of my pickup for a table. My grandson took to the MREs like a duck to water: “Paw-paw, trade you my M&Ms for your Skittles?” The boy’s got potential.

Farnam is a big believer in the zipper drill, and the paper target he designed is set up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Can you link to a pic of that? I'd appreciate it.
    I read about the "zipper" in an old DTI Quip.
    IIRC, he made an observation from FOF training and video from actual shootings that people will bend and jerk away from a gun pointed at them.
    This could cause them to drop below your line of sight momentarily(lose sight, lose the fight)
    He suggested initially presenting at the belt area because no matter which way they bent they would still be in your sights. If the threat continued
    he then started shooting his way along the body(up, down or sideways)until the opponent went down, ending up at the brain housing case if necessary.
    This would not be a stereotyped assessment after X rounds, but a way of engaging a reacting, thinking opponent, and getting the necessary rounds on him ASAP
    to stop him. If it took one, three or all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    This has never made sense to me. Instead of spending time putting rounds in non-vital areas, get your sights on a vital area and end it.
    Several classes with Farnam, here's a compilation of what I had in my class notes on the zipper. Certainly, some nuances are lost between John's explanation and summary here but it's close enough.

• targets largest area of the body
    • shoot to the naval
    • don't get front sight too high too early, can't see their hands
    • fast to hit
    • fast, likely hit is dissuasive if not effective
    • most likely (attacker) behavior change after impact is running away
    • excited shooters are likely to shoot low
    • guns rise in recoil, shoot on the way up

On the same page of one DTI class notebook is also this: "goal is 80% accuracy"
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List