Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Optic Ready Slimline models with rail

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I don’t really want an optic on a “big gun”either. At least not if we’re talking about a carry gun, and with the understanding that my “big gun” is a Glock 19.

But even if I was going to go full hipster and do some Roland silliness to my Glock 19 for pictures on the internet, when it came time to carry I’d still be looking for that small form factor that attracts me to the 43x/48 to begin with. I wouldn’t really be all that interested in bulking it up. The only reason I’m even interested in the light is to have this gun do triple duty when traveling and be able to add the light when it’s stowed and remove it for carry. I don’t want that added bulk for carry either.

Of course, I’m also the guy has come to understand that more non-le gunfights have been won with a Bryco or a j-frame, point shooting to boot, than there are gunskool kids running the streets with ported RDS guns combined.
    I mean, I don’t think anyone is telling you that you MUST put a dot on a 43x/48. But given the advantages of the dot and some people’s eyesight being the hot garbage that it is, it makes total sense to at least have the option. The 507K is pretty tiny to boot. It’s something that I’m seriously considering now that a 43x MOS is coming to market soon and I carry a J-frame more than anything else these days.

Dot it or don’t dot it. I don’t think anyone ultimately cares, but more options are pretty cool. People are also coming around to the fact that dots on pistols aren’t just a meme anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I mean, I don’t think anyone is telling you that you MUST put a dot on a 43x/48. But given the advantages of the dot and some people’s eyesight being the hot garbage that it is, it makes total sense to at least have the option. The 507K is pretty tiny to boot. It’s something that I’m seriously considering now that a 43x MOS is coming to market soon and I carry a J-frame more than anything else these days.

Dot it or don’t dot it. I don’t think anyone ultimately cares, but more options are pretty cool. People are also coming around to the fact that dots on pistols aren’t just a meme anymore.
    Yup. I use trifocals. It is one thing to get special shooting glasses for iron sights, but you can't wear those around every day. A dot makes the vision issues go away!

In my limited experience with full sized/compact guns, the dot doesn't add any noticeable bulk/printing with my clothing choices as the dot sits in a space that is already an empty void. I don't know how that will change with the slim guns but I'm going to find out, whether through my own or a friends gun.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

it's great that the people that want it are getting it, I'd just rather not have it.

I don't want to pay added costs (both of the gun itself and the added cost of the optic as an accessory) for, or deal with the added parts, or other potential issues, associated with the RDS cut I'm never going to use on a gun like this.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

it's great that the people that want it are getting it, I'd just rather not have it.

I don't want to pay added costs (both of the gun itself and the added cost of the optic as an accessory) for, or deal with the added parts, or other potential issues, associated with the RDS cut I'm never going to use on a gun like this.
    I’m not sure what to tell you then. The added cost of the MOS variant isn’t THAT steep and I’ve not heard of anyone having issues with just leaving the RDS cover plate in place and running it irons only.

I’m not sure what to tell you then. The added cost of the MOS variant isn’t THAT steep and I’ve not heard of anyone having issues with just leaving the RDS cover plate in place and running it irons only.
    I don't know why people on the internet always think other people are looking for them to tell them something, but...

extra parts and pieces are failure points that I don't need or want. YMMV
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I would guess that within 2 or 3 years, ALL newly manufactured pistols will be "MOS" versions, allowing the user the option to shoot with or without RDS. I'll be sticking to irons for the time being, but having the ability to add RDS when the eyes go bad without having to buy a new gun is a plus. It would probably be a plus for the manufacturers to reduce SKU's also.

Here is my take. If you most often shoot an iron sighted pistol, it makes sense to carry an iron sighted pistol. If you most often shoot a red dot pistol, then it may make sense to carry a red dot pistol.

The 43X/48 are the sweet spot of most useful and carryable Glock pistols to date. A dot on top doesn’t change that at all.

A defensive encounter is probably not an ideal time to learn how to use a dot, so it better be second nature.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Of course, I’m also the guy has come to understand that more non-le gunfights have been won with a Bryco or a j-frame, point shooting to boot, than there are gunskool kids running the streets with ported RDS guns combined.
    You're not teaching anyone here anything there. Of course the flip side is who's losing are often equipped with the same, but of course speed, surprise, and ferocity of attack matter more then equipment in most any civilian shooting. So then why are you so hipster to need a light? If you're worried about complexity why a WML? Equally non-represented in non-LE gunfights. Actually, I've seen more ported guns used then WML guns used. Perhaps because you see some utility beyond a Byrco? Or an update over the flashlight and associated techniques?

I'm sorry Glock didn't make the exact thing you wanted so you could save $38 and not have to keep up with a metal plate that will not affect functionality. You do know you'll also never use the light and Glocks has put out a model where adding a light to the rail reduced reliability, though, right?

You're probably better off just buying a flashlight and laying it next to a standard Glock 43x or whatever. Much easier to illuminate whatever you want without muzzling something you haven't identified, no added complexity of having to take it on and off, and you don't have to feel like a hipster looking at that plate on the slide.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I don't know why people on the internet always think other people are looking for them to tell them something, but...

extra parts and pieces are failure points that I don't need or want. YMMV
    You entered a discussion asking a question. To people on the internet that looks like the other person on the internet (you) is looking for them (people on the internet) to tell you something. If you don’t want people to tell you things, don’t ask questions. If you don’t want or need extra parts and pieces, then don’t buy them. Just do what BBI said above and just buy a 43X and a handheld light.

User Tag List