Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Optic Ready Slimline models with rail

I’m clearly out of date/touch as I would never have expected there to be so much fanfare and wants to add an RDS to a small gun like this.

Is that just the pf-hipsterism or is it a mainstream gunbuyer thing?

Other than just being annoying, one more part, like,y driving up the cost, what are the other downsides for those of us that just want a light rail and have no intention of adding an optic? Does this limit sight selections, and of so are a basic set of Ameriglo tritium sights going to be and issue?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I’m clearly out of date/touch as I would never have expected there to be so much fanfare and wants to add an RDS to a small gun like this.

Other than just being annoying, one more part, like,y driving up the cost, what are the other downsides for those of us that just want a light rail and have no intention of adding an optic? Does this limit sight selections, and of so are a basic set of Ameriglo tritium sights going to be and issue?
    Looking at the picture in the release, the rear sight dovetail seems to be in the same place, which is not surprising given the RMSc uses regular sights as BUIS. So, assuming this is correct, no impact on your sight choices.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I think more and more people are looking at RDS for everyday defensive pistols, driven by the ready availability of SIG P320s and P365XLs that come from the factory with (crappy) dots already mounted. I know I am - I built a G19 MOS with RMR to gain experience with it, and my aging eyes are liking the change. I’d personally carry a G43 with RDS.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Looking at the picture in the release, the rear sight dovetail seems to be in the same place, which is not surprising given the RMSc uses regular sights as BUIS. So, assuming this is correct, no impact on your sight choices.
    I think you may be right. I saw a pic that made it look like it was a little further to the rear, but now I’m seeing others where it doesn’t.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Once I see one available on blue label, I'll be picking one up.
    GT Distributors sent an email blast yesterday announcing they were taking pre-orders. They're about the largest Blue Label dealer in the Southeast and Texas.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I have a GSSF BL coupon just waiting for this...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Pretty good overview here. It's getting pretty mainstream I think https://videos.recoilweb.com/watch/c...vs-iron-sights

I'm not in the market for a optic on my concealed carry pistol this year either but I'm going to pursue the new 48.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I hope not. Sometimes it is beneficial to stay in your lane and just be good at that.
    You mean this doesn't give you a warm fuzzy about a Glock branded light?

Name:  gtl_10_1.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  27.8 KB

I'm more interested in the WML market that is going to flock to this, in addition to the MOS.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

If you want an RDS on a big gun, why would you not want one on a small gun? Especially given that shorter sight radius guns require more time and concentration to shoot equally well.

I'd like to replace my vest carried Shield with an optic equipped gun once we're allowed to carry RDS equipped pistols, which is currently in the field test stage. I'm not an early adopter of anything. I was the last kid on the block to put an optic on my rifle. What's gotten me over the hump is the ability to target focus and the advantages that has in shoot/no-shoot decision making when you're flooded with information and mental processing power is at a premium.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want an RDS on a big gun, why would you not want one on a small gun? Especially given that shorter sight radius guns require more time and concentration to shoot equally well.

I'd like to replace my vest carried Shield with an optic equipped gun once we're allowed to carry RDS equipped pistols, which is currently in the field test stage. I'm not an early adopter of anything. I was the last kid on the block to put an optic on my rifle. What's gotten me over the hump is the ability to target focus and the advantages that has in shoot/no-shoot decision making when you're flooded with information and mental processing power is at a premium.
    I don’t really want an optic on a “big gun”either. At least not if we’re talking about a carry gun, and with the understanding that my “big gun” is a Glock 19.

But even if I was going to go full hipster and do some Roland silliness to my Glock 19 for pictures on the internet, when it came time to carry I’d still be looking for that small form factor that attracts me to the 43x/48 to begin with. I wouldn’t really be all that interested in bulking it up. The only reason I’m even interested in the light is to have this gun do triple duty when traveling and be able to add the light when it’s stowed and remove it for carry. I don’t want that added bulk for carry either.

Of course, I’m also the guy has come to understand that more non-le gunfights have been won with a Bryco or a j-frame, point shooting to boot, than there are gunskool kids running the streets with ported RDS guns combined.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List