Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Optic Ready Slimline models with rail

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Streamlight’s offering. I think it’s more appealing than the Surefire light.

Good looking light. Don't see it talked about anywhere (including Streamlight's website) - do you have any inside baseball on the specifics?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Good looking light. Don't see it talked about anywhere (including Streamlight's website) - do you have any inside baseball on the specifics?
    Someone apparently leaked it on Reddit, and I saw it posted on a couple other forums. Supposed to be 500 lumens and have different clamping systems, depending on the gun.

I may have missed it but are these available for order/preorder anywhere?
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Any word on battery type on the TLR7 Sub? If it takes CR123's I'm in.

FWIW, my understanding (from a Streamlight source) is that the light will take CR123 batteries-one. It seems as if they have done some machining to get the size down. The image before shows the “A” high switch-which I really like and am working with on a TLR8G. If one needs a light on a slim GLOCK, this would seem to fit the bill: good switching, 500 lumens, and SL has good customer service.
    As an aside, some discussion on a 48 as a uniform duty weapon for small statured folks. One could do a lot worse.
    My dilemma is now I “need” a slimline-dang it!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    FWIW, my understanding (from a Streamlight source) is that the light will take CR123 batteries-one. It seems as if they have done some machining to get the size down. The image before shows the “A” high switch-which I really like and am working with on a TLR8G. If one needs a light on a slim GLOCK, this would seem to fit the bill: good switching, 500 lumens, and SL has good customer service.
    As an aside, some discussion on a 48 as a uniform duty weapon for small statured folks. One could do a lot worse.
    My dilemma is now I “need” a slimline-dang it!
    Any idea on a release date?

Sorry, nothing definite.
    The ChiCom virus has obviously scrambled many things and timelines.
    If interested, contact Streamlight-sometimes inquiries can drive things. I would hope for something by end of year(?)

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Streamlight’s offering. I think it’s more appealing than the Surefire light.

I see this, and I start thinking about a 19 MOS replacement. I was one of those people who was bitching for a single stack Glock 9mm since literally the 90s.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I see this, and I start thinking about a 19 MOS replacement. I was one of those people who was bitching for a single stack Glock 9mm since literally the 90s.
    Before you get carried away, Agency testing on the 43X/48 indicates they are not as reliable as service size guns and that changing the equation via mag extensions or hanging lights / lasers off the gun degrades reliability even further. The one large agency I'm aware of which finally authorized the 43X is specifically prohibiting use of WML and mag extensions on them due to reliability concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Before you get carried away, Agency testing on the 43X/48 indicates they are not as reliable as service size guns and that changing the equation via mag extensions or hanging lights / lasers off the gun degrades reliability even further. The one large agency I'm aware of which finally authorized the 43X is specifically prohibiting use of WML and mag extensions on them due to reliability concerns.
    I don't believe they've tested the railed version or the new lights, FWIW.

They also prohibit the use of the G2 ammunition in the 43/43X, and only authorize the Critical Duty.

User Tag List