Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Optic Ready Slimline models with rail

I really like the idea of the Shield sights, but would feel better about the extra cost if they had a strong stateside distribution and servicing network. The Swampfox may end up being a slot filler for a few years until other options appear, but it may also go the distance.

I also ordered a set of the XS sights that you used, I figure why mess with success especially since they are almost identical to my preferred Hacks.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I'm not sure if I should post in this thread or start a new one, but I took my 43x MOS to the range today and shot 150 rounds through it. I lost count of the number of times the pistol failed to fire. The first couple of times I attributed it to hard primers in the Wolf steel-cased ammo I was running, but after examination of the rounds that failed to ignite, I realized that the gun was not fully returning to battery. It was close enough that the striker would release and indent the edge of primer, but thankfully the force wasn't sufficient to ignite the primer. The range safety officer ran one mag through the gun and experienced the same failure. Altogether, the pistol failed 15-20 times in 150 rounds. It also rubbed a raw spot on the web of my right hand. Maybe I'm just trying to grip the pistol too high and my thumb is dragging on the slide. I shoot with my thumbs generally pointed up instead of forward. Keeping my right thumb pointed up helps me squeeze more of my left hand in behind the pistol. At this point, I think I'll give the pistol a thorough cleaning and shoot it again with better ammo. (It's worth noting that this same shipment of Wolf ammo runs my 19.5 practice gun without any problems.)

Name:  IMG_20200913_154619572.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  25.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20200913_160743774.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  70.1 KB

Thinking back on it, my 43 had failures to return all the way to battery when I bought it, and the problem was that the extractor depressor plunger spring was not seated snugly against the plunger. I'll go check that right now...

AND that was the problem. Again. Wish I'd though to check that while I was at the range. I need to make a mental note to always check that on new Glocks from now on. I don't remember which forum member helped me with this problem last time, but thank you again! I'm betting that snuggly seating that spring will fix the problem this time too.

Name:  IMG_20200913_175038882.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  59.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I'm not sure if I should post in this thread or start a new one, but I took my 43x MOS to the range today and shot 150 rounds through it. I lost count of the number of times the pistol failed to fire. The first couple of times I attributed it to hard primers in the Wolf steel-cased ammo I was running, but after examination of the rounds that failed to ignite, I realized that the gun was not fully returning to battery. It was close enough that the striker would release and indent the edge of primer, but thankfully the force wasn't sufficient to ignite the primer. The range safety officer ran one mag through the gun and experienced the same failure. Altogether, the pistol failed 15-20 times in 150 rounds. It also rubbed a raw spot on the web of my right hand. Maybe I'm just trying to grip the pistol too high and my thumb is dragging on the slide. I shoot with my thumbs generally pointed up instead of forward. Keeping my right thumb pointed up helps me squeeze more of my left hand in behind the pistol. At this point, I think I'll give the pistol a thorough cleaning and shoot it again with better ammo. (It's worth noting that this same shipment of Wolf ammo runs my 19.5 practice gun without any problems.)

Name:  IMG_20200913_154619572.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  25.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20200913_160743774.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  70.1 KB

Thinking back on it, my 43 had failures to return all the way to battery when I bought it, and the problem was that the extractor depressor plunger spring was not seated snugly against the plunger. I'll go check that right now...

AND that was the problem. Again. Wish I'd though to check that while I was at the range. I need to make a mental note to always check that on new Glocks from now on. I don't remember which forum member helped me with this problem last time, but thank you again! I'm betting that snuggly seating that spring will fix the problem this time too.

Name:  IMG_20200913_175038882.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  59.3 KB
    *Scurrying off to pull my 48 out of the safe - it has had the same RTB issue but has gotten better the more I shoot*

@Nephrology
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    *Scurrying off to pull my 48 out of the safe - it has had the same RTB issue but has gotten better the more I shoot*

@Nephrology
    Thanks for the mention - I'd been having this issue too. I'll take a peek at mine tonight.

@Nephrology
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Thanks for the mention - I'd been having this issue too. I'll take a peek at mine tonight.
    Son of a...

I think this was my issue, too. The spring wasn’t seated on the extractor depressor plunger nub at all. (Yes, I had to look that part name up.)
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Son of a...

I think this was my issue, too. The spring wasn’t seated on the extractor depressor plunger nub at all. (Yes, I had to look that part name up.)
    I hope that takes care of your problem. It's nice when the fix is an easy one. Plunger "nub" -- good to know. I just updated my records to use the appropriate nomenclature.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I hope that takes care of your problem. It's nice when the fix is an easy one. Plunger "nub" -- good to know. I just updated my records to use the appropriate nomenclature.
    Nub is me - nipple would get me in trouble with the PC police.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    You’re welcome, I remembered your ongoing issue. It would be interesting to compare your two guns.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Nub is me - nipple would get me in trouble with the PC police.
    Nub works for me. I should be safe if the PC police ever audit my guns and ammo records.

EDIT: Here is the thread about the problem with my 43: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....trange-problem

Thanks again to @willie and @tgoldie00 who told me about this problem in 2018.
    Last edited by pangloss; 09-13-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Fuuuu...

I just grabbed my daily carry 43 to check this, and the spring was obviously loose - I shot it and the plunger into the stratosphere. It slipped right past my thumb, I haven’t done that rookie mistake in years.

Found the damn thing all the way across a very large room.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 09-13-2020 at 10:18 PM.
    Ken

User Tag List