Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Optic Ready Slimline models with rail

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    Just picked up my G43X MOS today and installed a Glock smooth trigger, Gadget, Swamp Fox Sentinel, steel Shield Arms mag release and XS Minimalist night sights. Great sight picture with no overhang.
    I didn't know Glock made a (factory?) smooth trigger for the small frame guns. Source please?

Thanks!

-Rainman

Just picked up my G43X MOS today and installed a Glock smooth trigger, Gadget, Swamp Fox Sentinel, steel Shield Arms mag release and XS Minimalist night sights. Great sight picture with no overhang.
    This is exactly where I’m going with my planned build, I’m just trying to decide on an optic. The Sentinel dropped on with no modification? The sight picture is ideal IMO - I didn’t know XS was making those, they are very similar to my preferred Ameriglo Hacks.

I’ve found that other than adding my mandatory Gadget, grafting smooth trigger shoes onto my 43 and 48 trigger bars is the best single improvement I can make to the slimlines. Did you roll your own?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    I didn't know Glock made a (factory?) smooth trigger for the small frame guns. Source please?

Thanks!

-Rainman
    I believe there's no difference in the trigger shoe between the small & regular Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    I believe there's no difference in the trigger shoe between the small & regular Glocks.
    I’ve put smooth shoes on a 36, a 43 and a 48 - I didn’t find any difference. You drill a small hole so you can press out the blind pivot pin and swap them out - easy. On the 48 I was pressed for time and bought one preconverted.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Keep us posted on how the optic works. Why the manual version vs auto?
    I liked the auto-shut off capability and also availability was a factor. I am pleased with it so far.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post

Thanks!

-Rainman
    You are correct- Glock doesn’t make one so I remove the trigger shoe from a G17 and use it to swap out for the serrated one on the G43/G43X. It takes about 10 mins.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    This is exactly where I’m going with my planned build, I’m just trying to decide on an optic. The Sentinel dropped on with no modification? The sight picture is ideal IMO - I didn’t know XS was making those, they are very similar to my preferred Ameriglo Hacks.

I’ve found that other than adding my mandatory Gadget, grafting smooth trigger shoes onto my 43 and 48 trigger bars is the best single improvement I can make to the slimlines. Did you roll your own?
    The Sentinel did indeed drop onto the G43X MOS with no mods; it has the exact same footprint as the Shield RMSc.

Regarding the smooth trigger shoe, I rolled my own.

The Sentinel did indeed drop onto the G43X MOS with no mods; it has the exact same footprint as the Shield RMSc.

That may be the deciding factor for me in picking a Swampfox optic. I like the Shield, but...
    Ken

That may be the deciding factor for me in picking a Swampfox optic. I like the Shield, but...
    Dammit, Carl - Swampfox Sentinel ordered. P-F member Rockey showed the auto brightness version in stock. Now I need to start looking for a 43x MOS.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Dammit, Carl - Swampfox Sentinel ordered. P-F member Rockey showed the auto brightness version in stock. Now I need to start looking for a 43x MOS.
    Haha! You won’t be disappointed. I have both the RMSc and the Sentinel and they seem to both be close in terms of build quality.

User Tag List