Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Optic Ready Slimline models with rail

Following Thread. I'm going to go back and read it all here soon.

Has there been a consensus on if the 43X is more reliable than the 48 due to the same recoil spring on both?

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Totally understand, but at some point you're going to have to decide if you care more about yourself or the larger P-F community.

We await your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Following Thread. I'm going to go back and read it all here soon.

Has there been a consensus on if the 43X is more reliable than the 48 due to the same recoil spring on both?
    Well, the 43X passed the FBI testing, and the 48 did not.

Any way to read what the fbi said about the 48 & 43x?

Quote Originally Posted by P226SAOFan View Post
    Any way to read what the fbi said about the 48 & 43x?
    No, they don’t make their testing public.

So.......HCM said Glock was redesigning parts of the 43/43x because it didn't pass .gov testing. What am i missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    So.......HCM said Glock was redesigning parts of the 43/43x because it didn't pass .gov testing. What am i missing?
    There are 43’s and 43X’s currently in service. The models agents order are unique to the FBI, and are purchased directly from Glock. The 48 didn’t make the cut and is not authorized.

There are 43’s and 43X’s currently in service. The models agents order are unique to the FBI, and are purchased directly from Glock. The 48 didn’t make the cut and is not authorized.
    I’m mildly interested in the 43 again. Any idea how they’re configuring them? Are the primarily being used as ankle guns?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I’m mildly interested in the 43 again. Any idea how they’re configuring them? Are the primarily being used as ankle guns?
    They’re on (at least) the second version of the bureau 43. I believe I know what some of the changes are, but I’m not 100%, so I won’t post them until I know for sure.

I don’t know of anyone with a 43X yet, but those with 43’s are using them as primaries when not taking enforcement action.

I wonder if the 48 having a heavier slide and using the same RSA is part of the issue? I can see why Glock might want to use the RSA for 43,43X and 48 but I also could see the 48 use a Glock 19 RSA. If not the multi spring set up like more current Glocks use at least a single spring like the earlier generations did. It could be done with front sight access still usable and if the spring rate was similar without another sku. It may even improve recoil response on the 48.

Shooting my 43, 43X and 48 compared with Sig 365 I can feel how the other guns seem more natural than the 48. I can shoot the 43X best but the 48 is slower to recover than it or the 365 for me even though the 43X/48 grip size and shape is the best for any gun I own for my hands.

No, they don’t make their testing public.
    If there's anything you can relate in terms of general comments on the reasons for the 48 "not passing" that would not violate an NDA or other restriction, it would be appreciated. If not, no worries, I can understand.

User Tag List