Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Optic Ready Slimline models with rail

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Got a few questions, be interested if anyone knows:

1) The GSSF price doesn't appear to have been updated yet by Smyrna for the G43X/G48 MOS. Where are you guys seeing the price quotes for GSSF or BL pricing?

2) With regard to the rail, would anyone with hands on a G48 know if it will fit in an existing holster? Say for example a JM CK IWB3 designed for the non-rail G48?

3) Other than the MOS cut, and the rail, are there any differences (at all) from the normal, non-MOS G43X/G48, or is that it?

TIA....

I know they won't fit a Phlster Pro
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    From the leaked info graphic of the RMRcc, it won’t fit the 43x MOS. Shame. We were so close. Hopefully I am wrong.
    If this is the case, I’m going to be very disappointed. I’m really only interested in direct mount options, especially since the RMRcc looks to be fairly tall to the bottom of the window already.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

My enthusiasm for this pistol has dropped dramatically if it won't fit either the 507k or the new RMRcc. Glock really dropped the ball on this one. I doubt many people are going to choose the RMSc over the Trijicon and Holosun offerings. I'm really surprised Glock and Trijicon didn't coordinate the optic/MOS combo given the timing of their respective releases.

On that note, how much do we want to bet that Glock releases a 43x/48 MOS gen 2 with a RMRcc cut or a "mini MOS" plate system after everyone buys the current model?

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    My enthusiasm for this pistol has dropped dramatically if it won't fit either the 507k or the new RMRcc. Glock really dropped the ball on this one. I doubt many people are going to choose the RMSc over the Trijicon and Holosun offerings. I'm really surprised Glock and Trijicon didn't coordinate the optic/MOS combo given the timing of their respective releases.

On that note, how much do we want to bet that Glock releases a 43x/48 MOS gen 2 with a RMRcc cut or a "mini MOS" plate system after everyone buys the current model?
    Especially since Glock used an RMR-shaped silhouette for the MOS instruction insert.

As far as I can tell, nothing stops anyone from using MOS style plates to mount the optic of their choice on these guns except that the plates haven’t been released yet. I would be incredibly surprised if the companies known for making the preferred aftermarket plates for the standard MOS guns such as CHPWS and FCD aren’t already working on plates for these guns. The only difference between these guns and the standard MOS guns is that there’s actually an optic that will fit this cutout without a plate. Once the plates are available, people will be able to mount the Trijicon and Holosun optics.

If the consumer should be disappointed with any company being discussed, I think it’s Trijicon because they decided to make another proprietary footprint with the RMRcc instead of using one already available.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

At this point in time, how do I mount a 407K/507K to my G48 MOS??

Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    At this point in time, how do I mount a 407K/507K to my G48 MOS??
    Looks like it needs to be direct milled, or wait for an after-market mounting plate.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Looks like it needs to be direct milled, or wait for an after-market mounting plate.
    Thanks, pretty much what I expected.

Won’t fit my Phlster PRO holster. No plates available. No weapon light available. I guess none of this should surprise me lol

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    As far as I can tell, nothing stops anyone from using MOS style plates to mount the optic of their choice on these guns except that the plates haven’t been released yet. I would be incredibly surprised if the companies known for making the preferred aftermarket plates for the standard MOS guns such as CHPWS and FCD aren’t already working on plates for these guns. The only difference between these guns and the standard MOS guns is that there’s actually an optic that will fit this cutout without a plate. Once the plates are available, people will be able to mount the Trijicon and Holosun optics.

If the consumer should be disappointed with any company being discussed, I think it’s Trijicon because they decided to make another proprietary footprint with the RMRcc instead of using one already available.
    True, however plates will probably make the optic sit very tall on the slide. Also it seems the RMRcc is the same length as the RMR, so it might have to sit on top of the slide rather than in the RMSc cutout, making it even taller. See the Maple Leaf RMSc to RMR adapter plate for reference.

I put the blame more on Glock than Trijicon, because I would imagine it's much more difficult to get your electronics to fit a certain footprint than it is to just mill out a block of steel. That's why the 507k footprint isn't exactly the same as the RMSc either. Their electronics wouldn't allow for slots to fit those extra recoil posts on RMSc cut slides. Probably the same case for the RMRcc.

I'm not putting "blame" on anyone. Though it does strike me as un-smart for GLOCK to bring this to market with a mounting solution that only works with one optic, AND for Trijicon to produce yet ANOTHER proprietary and unique mounting "footprint."

Luckily, I'm completely happy so far with my P365XL with 507K.

User Tag List