Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Optic Ready Slimline models with rail

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Last May, I emailed D NROI that the Sig P365XL was not on the USPSA production list. Mr. McManus replied stating that he was in the process of updating the list. The P365XL was subsequently added.
    Yep, I just got a response back from Mr. McManus this evening myself. The G43x MOS is legal now (email attached).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LA Police Gear is taking TLR-7 SUB preorders!
    Name:  33C46B65-E82A-4820-93A2-621BCEAA056A.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  21.8 KB

I can share this— all 43X’s with black slides have the updates that were put in place to pass bureau testing. I have no idea what the updates are, but the silver slide models don’t have them.

The changes made to the bureau 43’s will filter over to the commercial models, if they haven’t already. I have no idea what the updates are.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Thanks for this info, I wasn’t aware of or had forgotten about the ammunition sensitivity.
    The mandated use of 135gr +P ammo in the bureau 43’s is due to terminal performance, not because of problems with the guns functioning with 147gr ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I can share this— all 43X’s with black slides have the updates that were put in place to pass bureau testing. I have no idea what the updates are, but the silver slide models don’t have them.
    I wonder if this applies to the 48, too? Not knowing what the changes were...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Just got the call for the 43X MOS from my dealer. I paid, did the paperwork, and should get to pick it up next week. It’s not a Blue Label but I didn’t want to wait. It felt really good in my hand. Looking forward to mounting the 507K and trying it out.

43X Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

The changes made to the bureau 43’s will filter over to the commercial models, if they haven’t already. I have no idea what the updates are.

The mandated use of 135gr +P ammo in the bureau 43’s is due to terminal performance, not because of problems with the guns functioning with 147gr ammo.

What is the most effective ammo that is 100% reliable in the 43X? Sorry if I missed this in a previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by pi3 View Post
    What is the most effective ammo that is 100% reliable in the 43X? Sorry if I missed this in a previous post.
    I carry a 43X and candidly, I don't expect expansion from a barrel so short. From what I remember reading here on the forums, Chuck Haggard mentioned that HSTs expand out of a G43. Not sure if he was referring to the standard pressure or plus P loading.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I think the fact that they all share the G43 recoil system. Just like shrinking a 1911 recoil system reduces the timing window for operation.

The FBI has two current duty rounds which can be used in G17/19/26: the 147 grain G2 Gold Dot and 135 grain critical duty. However only the 135 grain critical duty is authorized for the Bureau 43/43x.

G43s in general were known for not liking +P ammo and heavier bullets which is why I was surprised when ICE authorized it.

What ever the failings of the P320, the SIG P365 and 365XL's which pass armorer inspection have been 100% reliable IME.

There was an issue with some oversized rear dovetails and rer sights walking but the guns have all cycled and fired reliably enough that I wish SIG would do a scaled up P365XL as the 320 2.0.
    The oracle was correct lol

This has been my favorite of all the slim lines I’ve tried. 10-8 sights with a tlr7 sub. It just shoots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got my first malfunction with my G48 MOS (407k and Tlr7)
    A failure to eject with Remington 115gr white box FMJ
    That’s after about 1550 rounds without cleaning the gun.
    1000 were my cheap plated reloads with mixed range brass
    500 Federal aluminum case 115gr FMJ
    And one 50 rd box of Remington
    It choked once in the second box.

Now I’ll clean the gun and see when the next malfunction arises….

User Tag List