Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Optic Ready Slimline models with rail

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Me too, and $200/1,000 9mm ammo.

Is there a sense the 43X might be more reliable than the 48, as the RSA was designed around that slide length and mass?
    I'd like to know this as well, the reliability of the 43X vs the 48 - I know $200/1,000 9 mm doesn't exist.

Is there a sense the 43X might be more reliable than the 48, as the RSA was designed around that slide length and mass?
    I dunno.. Other than the magazine issue I described above, none of my three (two 43X, one 48) have malfunctioned, but I do have a slightly warmer, fuzzier feeling about the 43X for that reason.

I think these guns are just slightly under-sprung in general, and I plan to change the RSA frequently in mine. I know from the Glock folks that the mothership is driven to fits by Americans' predilection for underpowered, mouse-fart 9mm practice ammo. The weakest fodder mine get is 124 Lawman, which is not so feeble as practice ammo goes (124 @ 1075-1100). If my guns malfunction I want to be able to eliminate crap ammo from in my diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    I dunno.. Other than the magazine issue I described above, none of my three (two 43X, one 48) have malfunctioned, but I do have a slightly warmer, fuzzier feeling about the 43X for that reason.

I think these guns are just slightly under-sprung in general, and I plan to change the RSA frequently in mine. I know from the Glock folks that the mothership is driven to fits by Americans' predilection for underpowered, mouse-fart 9mm practice ammo. The weakest fodder mine get is 124 Lawman, which is not so feeble as practice ammo goes (124 @ 1075-1100). If my guns malfunction I want to be able to eliminate crap ammo from in my diagnosis.
    The 124gr Lawman runs 1090 FPS and 327 FT LBS Energy.
    The 124gr American Eagle runs 1150 FPS and 364 FT LBS Energy.
    The 115 Lawman runs 1200 FPS and 368 FT LBS Energy.

Me too, and $200/1,000 9mm ammo.

Very small sample of two: When I traded it in, my G43X had 621 rounds, with zero malfunctions. Mix of maybe 90% AE 115 and 10% Federal HST 147. My current G48 just has 120 rounds, but it’s also been trouble free to date.

Per an email I received today from Ameriglo they are redesigning the trooper sights for the 43X/48 to work on the MOS models with no overhang. Should be available in about a month.

Our local blue label dealer has the standard G48 in stock. I inquired about getting the MOS version and he said he would try.

However, he basically blew off the vet discount offered by Glock, stating that after the discount he only made $40 and he would offer a 5% discount instead.

Anyone know what the blue label price is on the G48? Just curious what the price would be and if it's worth putting up a fight. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Anyone know what the blue label price is on the G48? Just curious what the price would be and if it's worth putting up a fight. Thanks!
    http://www.gssfonline.com/gssf_pisto...nformation.pdf

Thank you!

Our local blue label dealer has the standard G48 in stock. I inquired about getting the MOS version and he said he would try.

However, he basically blew off the vet discount offered by Glock, stating that after the discount he only made $40 and he would offer a 5% discount instead.

I’ve heard of Blue Label dealers trying to pull this crap before. One would think that by agreeing to be part of this program they’re required to participate in whatever promotions Glock offers such as the Salute to Veterans discount.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Thank you!
    I think the GSSF pricing applies to other Blue Label sales, but I’m not 100% sure.

https://us.glock.com/en/buy/blue-label-program

User Tag List