Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X/48 Optic Ready Slimline models with rail

Site Supporter
    Here is the correct screw info from an insert in my 43X MOS: M4x8mm flat-headed screw
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    Hi Mike,

Ahh, yes the correct screw...that was a bit of an adventure. It is an M4-.70 in a non-standard length. I ended up picking up various lengths of screws at Lowe’s Hardware and then shortened them length-wise with a Dremel cut-off wheel. The next problem was the diameter of the button head- I used a Dremel sanding drum to reduce the circumference of the button head so that it would seat properly in the Sentinel.
    Yikes! That's totally not what I wanted to hear. But here's the good news (for anyone else here thinking of going with us), we are coming out with a Red Dot Screw Pack very soon that has no less than 14 sets of screws included in it for hopefully around twenty bucks. SOME of those screws are M4 x 0.7 of various lengths including a too-long-for-everything 14mm effective thread length screw set intended for do-it-yourself types to trim to length using a Dremel, belt sander etc. So the good news is, one of the sets of screws is probably going to fit, and if not, the DIY ones can be made to fit more easily than trimming the circumference of a screw head from the hardware store.

“What’s the harm in having an optic cut if you’re not gonna use it?” They said...

Name:  AC09BC0C-3F40-4736-9916-9B230C28B2F9.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  37.0 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    “What’s the harm in having an optic cut if you’re not gonna use it?” They said...

Name:  AC09BC0C-3F40-4736-9916-9B230C28B2F9.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  37.0 KB
    If a couple mm of overhang is an issue, how about not using long sights on it?

That rear sight looks like the hood ornament on a 50’s Buick.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    If a couple mm of overhang is an issue, how about not using long sights on it?
    Reading above posts it would appear that nobody knows what those sites are.

If those sights pictured are the one I want, why should I buy a gun with a dippy optic plate that serves me no purpose that precludes me from using the sights I want?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

If those sights pictured are the one I want, why should I buy a gun with a dippy optic plate that serves me no purpose that precludes me from using the sights I want?
    Maybe the solution is to buy one of each, swap frames and sell the plain frame with MOS slide?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    Here is the correct screw info from an insert in my 43X MOS: M4x8mm flat-headed screw
    I’m a little confused. The insert states flat head screws, but the illustration shows pan head ones?

Also, what pitch M4?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Because those sights are Ameriglo Bolds and Ameriglo now offers short versions that fit MOS guns with no overhang. Some MOS guns are now being shipped with them.

Eventually the majority of guns will come standard with some sort of optics cut. Just like most ARs are flat tops instead of integrated carry handles/irons.

If the sights you want won't adapt to the market, I would find some new sights

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m a little confused. The insert states flat head screws, but the illustration shows pan head ones?

Also, what pitch M4?
    The pitch is .70

Regarding the ‘flat head’, I’m not sure. Maybe it refers to the underside of the screw head being flat versus coned/tapered?

User Tag List