Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revolver-centric gunsmiths

Revolver-centric gunsmiths

This is a list that seems to get shorter every year, but who are the revolver smiths you've dealt with lately that are 1) still taking on new work and 2) actual gunsmiths, not parts-swapping AR/Glock armorers. S&W DA revolvers, of course... but maybe single action Colts as well. Doesn't have to be the same guy doing both.

Major bonus points for smiths within driving distance of Austin, TX. I really don't want to deal with shipping right now.

I've used Frank Glenn as recently as 2018 and he's still turning out quality, but I'm not in Phoenix anymore and see above about shipping. Teddy Jacobson down in Sugarland is still doing action work but is semi-retired according to his website so I don't think he's doing major renovations.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Teddy Jacobson down in Sugarland is still doing action work but is semi-retired according to his website so I don't think he's doing major renovations.
    You wouldn't want to drive down to Sugar Land right now anyway.

Are you able to find parts? I wanted a Weigand Interchangeable Front Sight base for my wife's revolver -- and those are not made anymore.

I’m keeping an eye on this thread..Does anyone know who still does work on Colt revolvers? I have a older Colt “Offical Police” that while in great shape, the cylinder latch sticks.. I very carefully took the side plate off, and while the latch’s operation is rather simple, I couldn’t find why it was sticking, no dirt, old oil, nothing.. as an aside, the internals looked beautiful..no rust or anything..so, I know they’re good.. So, I need someone who knows their way around in a Colt DA/SA revolver...I’d like to get the old girl fixed, and run a few rounds through her..

No idea for Colts or Texas. I think Dave Olhasso is still working on Smiths and Rugers.
    https://www.olhasso.com/services.html

I’ve not had personal work done by him, but Dave Laubert of Defensive Creations has been churning out some amazing looking work on S&W revolvers. I’d check him out if I were you.

It's hard to avoid shipping, to find specialty smiths. I've used frank Glenn on 1911, Colt and S&W revos. Not many gunsmiths like him anymore.

Don't forget Cylinder and Slide. They know their stuff:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CDyzhH6J..._web_copy_link

Karl Sokol is still at it. In fact, working on a project for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    You wouldn't want to drive down to Sugar Land right now anyway.

Are you able to find parts? I wanted a Weigand Interchangeable Front Sight base for my wife's revolver -- and those are not made anymore.
    Well damn. You're right, the Weigand site shows it as discontinued but C&S still lists it as an option. I wonder how often they update their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    Karl Sokol is still at it. In fact, working on a project for me now.
    +1 for Mr. Sokol.

What are you looking to have done?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

He is working on a j frame and an 870.

Cant wait for the 870 to come back!

User Tag List