Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pocket carry stocks for Ruger LCR

Pocket carry stocks for Ruger LCR

I'm considering purchasing an LCR in 38 special for pocket carry. It seems to be the lightest affordable option out there. Looking for recommendations for replacement stocks that would be more suitable for pocket carry. Ease of draw, weight and minimal printing for NPE's would be of primary concern. Recoil management would be secondary as I would be using wadcutters.
    Thanks for any input you might have.

I run these:

https://shopruger.com/Hogue-LCR-Bant...uctinfo/19927/

Smaller profile than the stock tamer, hard sides, padded front and backstraps, holds up rather well. Just note that it will not work with exposed hammer models as the bacstrap sits high and can block hammer travel.

For me the Bantams are more ergonomic than the OEM grips --or maybe the better way to say it is less unergonomic.

Name:  5c6886472ed1beb923cdce28bcf3ec96.jpg
Views: 1141
Size:  50.4 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Bantams and I modified mine to fit my hand and added some grip tape and stippling to get a better grip when firing off magnum rounds

That being said, I find the j frame trigger is 100% better in terms of reset while shooting under pressure so I do not carry the KLCR anymore.

I tried a set of bantam grips and was not happy with how they felt while shooting, so I put the OEM grips back on. I don't find the original grips a problem to pocket carry.

Hmmmm. I guess I’m going to have to try them; probably the only way to know for sure. You want to sell yours, Rich?

Wowzer, I guess I will buy one if I can find one that is actually affordable! Slim pickin's and fat prices....

From Wikiarms search ....

Search "LCR" for sale
    Firearms onlyGroup by model
    Product Price MPN Shipping Store
    RUGER LCR $669.00 - show more like this Free over $500 Guns.com
    RUGER LCR 38 Special Revolver with Green Crimson Trace Lasergrips $799.99 5434 show more like this Free Sportsmans Outdoors Superstore
    Ruger LCR 38 Special +P 1.875" Barrel 5Rd Black 5401 $549.00 5401 show more like this (Free S/H on Firearms) Gun Buyer

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Hmmmm. I guess I’m going to have to try them; probably the only way to know for sure. You want to sell yours, Rich?
    I would literally give them to you, but unfortunately I destroyed them trying to get them off. For whatever reason, they went on very very tight and short of some serious work with a Dremel, they refused to budge. Sorry.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I didn't like them either and went back to factory grips. If I can find them in my big box of unused holsters, stocks, grips, etc, I'll send them to you out of Karma.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    I didn't like them either and went back to factory grips. If I can find them in my big box of unused holsters, stocks, grips, etc, I'll send them to you out of Karma.
    Sorry, @Totem Polar, can't find them. Must have donated them to the club when I got rid of a bunch of sack holsters I purchased 20 years ago when I didn't know any better.

User Tag List