Page 93 of 99 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    At least they didn't lose the gun in a tragic boating accident, like I lost all mine.
    From the smell of things, it seems like they may have been fishing...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    "After Ziminski and his wife “both admitted” that he had fired a “‘warning shot’ into the air,” they then claimed they could not produce the gun because it had been stolen from their home, the complaint said."

Ya don't say.....

What's the chances of any of these charges sticking:

destroying evidence
    hindering a police investigation
    lying to police
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post

destroying evidence
    lying to police
    There is no such thing as "lying to the police" at the state / local level but they could be charged with filing a false report of the theft.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There is no such thing as "lying to the police" at the state / local level but they could be charged with filing a false report of the theft.
    That would vary by jurisdiction. My old state had a statute that criminalized providing a false statement to law enforcement. It was a misdemeanor and was rarely charged because the prosecutors knew it would destroy the subject’s credibility for the next time that suspect was a victim or witness.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post

destroying evidence
    lying to police
    Hard to say. Whether those charges will "stick" is dependent upon facts that nobody here is privvy to. Then, you also get into strategy, and whether they're holding back on other charges as a backup incase the standing case gets tanked.....that practice is extremely common. In essence, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

False statements is covered under Wisconsin statute 946.41 as a misdemeanor and 946.32 as a felony.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Hard to say. Whether those charges will "stick" is dependent upon facts that nobody here is privvy to. Then, you also get into strategy, and whether they're holding back on other charges as a backup incase the standing case gets tanked.....that practice is extremely common. In essence, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

False statements is covered under Wisconsin statute 946.41 as a misdemeanor and 946.32 as a felony.
    .41 is obstruction and is generally applied when someone falsely ID's themselves.

.32 only applies to formal statements under oath or affirmation.

.41 is obstruction and is generally applied when someone falsely ID's themselves.

.32 only applies to formal statements under oath or affirmation.
    Cool story, but when you wrote, "there is no such thing as lying to the police at a state/local level", that was an untrue statement.

If he was interviewed by the poh-leece in Wisconsin and signed a statement that his gun was stolen when in fact it was not, he has broken the law. There's really not much reason to discuss this further.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Cool story, but when you wrote, "there is no such thing as lying to the police at a state/local level", that was an untrue statement.

If he was interviewed by the poh-leece in Wisconsin and signed a statement that his gun was stolen when in fact it was not, he has broken the law. There's really not much reason to discuss this further.
    There is nothing saying he signed a statement, he "claimed" and I would be surprised if someone like that was willing to do so.
    "where's the gun? It was stolen. You willing to file a police report to that effect ? Fuck no." is a pretty common conversation.

I also said "but they could be charged with filing a false report of the theft." The fact that WI covers false official report by calling it something else is not the same as a broad statute covering "lying to the police."

Illinois judge orders Kyle Rittenhouse extradited to Kenosha County to face homicide charges

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...or/6085295002/

WAUKEGAN, Illinois -- An Illinois judge on Friday denied Kyle Rittenhouse's request for release and ordered him extradited to Wiscosin, where he faces homicide charges in Kenosha County.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

More info on Kyle Rittenhouse, carried in the NY Post, originally from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, which won't let me in because I have an ad blocker.

From: https://nypost.com/2020/10/31/i-shot...use-told-cops/

"Details of the shaken teen’s alleged confession inside an Antioch, Illinois police station — made between bouts of crying and vomiting."

The info supposedly comes from Kyle's arrest report. But it is obviously biased because it states:

“I shot two white kids,” 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse told his hometown cops just two hours after he admittedly opened fire with an AR-15 at a protest in Kenosha, Wisc., leaving two dead and one wounded, according to a new report."

Opened fire at a protest? Yeah, those guys he shot were just walking by chanting.

"He also told cops he’d been hired to protect a business in Kenosha and had to defend himself. The owner of the business, Car Source, previously told the Journal Sentinel that he didn’t hire any armed guards."

The documents also revealed that Rittenhouse told cops the AR-15 he used in the shooting was purchased by his 18-year-old friend.

The friend told cops he’d been with Rittenhouse in Kenosha, and didn’t see the shooting, as he’d been on the roof of a business, armed with a gun, at the time.

At some point after the shooting, Rittenhouse called his pal, who said he picked up the teen and put both of their rifles in his trunk, where cops later found them.

In a police interview, the friend — whose name was being withheld by the paper because he is not charged with a crime — said Rittenhouse gave him money to buy the rifle at an Ace Hardware in Ladysmith, Wisc.

The friend said he expected to be in more trouble than Rittenhouse, who he said was defending himself.

He also recalled telling Rittenhouse: “In all reality, you are not supposed to have that gun. That gun was in my name.”

User Tag List