Page 91 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    This is going to drift this thread, but do you (or anyone else) feel there is really such a thing as aversion when it comes to human conflict? I have a suspicion that it’s really more of a delay than anything.

Even then, one “settled” conflict often (always?) eventually leads to another. But I feel there’s a general rule that the larger the toll, the longer the delay before another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really don't know in the broad sense. It's a pretty big question.

I know that I try to avoid it...at least in the form where I can see it leading to (unnecessary) violence.

I'd probably try to avoid putting myself in the position of having to use necessary violence as well...but I suppose there's no getting around it under various circumstances, so best to be prepared for the eventuality, no matter how abhorrent.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Now, distributing food and supplies after a storm is not the same as showing up to a riot, uhhh,... protest (which was it again?). But, looking back, had the shotgun come out of the Tahoe - would I be portrayed as “looking for trouble”? At the time, I was probably as naive as Rittenhouse. Based on what we seem to know about his actions/life prior to the shootings, I’m willing to give him a pass on “looking for trouble.”
    15 years ago in west Jackson County no. No one would have batted an eye at you for helping a cop with a gun in your hand. And even now no one would give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I don't pay much attention to the media, so I'm not sure what they're billing it as.

To me, it seems like the problem is not the distance. He had zero connection to the businesses he self-appointed himself to police....it's not like they were his family's business or some other strong community connection to them; he had no vested interest, hence the trope of "looking for trouble". It's the "looking for" part that is the issue, not necessarily the miles travelled.
    Do we know that for sure? I can’t imagine a 17 year old would show up without some kind of invitation. If he did, I suspect that’s going to be a big issue at trial.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    On the topic of “looking for trouble...
    You need to reset your vocabulary to the modern lexicon - I’m sure that Seri or Alexa can help if your Webster Dictionary predates the Obama Presidency. Nowadays, mass violence and looting for the Democratic platform is called peaceful protesting; disagreeing with critical race theory is bigotry; and arson in the name of communism is “a controlled burn.”

As such, each generation gets to redefine “looking for trouble.” Pretty soon, anything other than drinking hot coco in your parent’s basement fill that bill.
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-28-2020 at 10:07 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the link. That's one of the more rational, not chest pounding takes that I have read.

His mom drove him there? Geez!

Site Supporter
    A 17-year-old in Illinois accused of killing two protesters days after Jacob Blake was shot by police in Kenosha will challenge his return to Wisconsin to face homicide charges that could put him in prison for life.
    Referring to the men shot as protestors, victims, etc. is BS. Propaganda by the biased media. The proper term is attackers, as "he shot his attackers."

The press has diminished his chance of a fair trial.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Referring to the men shot as protestors, victims, etc. is BS. Propaganda by the biased media. The proper term is attackers, as "he shot his attackers."

The press has diminished his chance of a fair trial.
    Leftist tech companies and bankers aren't doing the kid any favors either.

Student
    Wauwatosa.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Wauwatosa.
    Different incident, also not that far from me (Really, people... Wisconsin?!?). We had another thread around here about how BLM was "protesting" in front of the officers house, for weeks. I'll see if I can find it.

ETA: @Yung, this one:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....t-a-LEO-s-home
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List