Page 90 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    So there may be more to it but at least part of it is if you don’t go to court you can’t be convicted. A few days without bail is better than a life sentence. If they won’t or can’t extradite then he will be cut loose eventually. Then he just has to not go back to WI the rest of his life or until any statute of limitations has ran.
    My general understanding is that there's a 0% chance he won't be extradited. But

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    My general understanding is that there's a 0% chance he won't be extradited. But
    This is Lake County, IL. They will likely fall all over themselves to extradite as soon as the paperwork is complete.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

This kid is in for a rough ride no matter the roads taken.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

One thing that really annoys me about media coverage of this... none of the outlets seem to get that Kenosha is the biggest town near Antioch. Friends who live in Antioch regularly go to Kenosha for shopping and recreation. This likely wasn’t a case of traveling long distances to find trouble.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I never said it would work! My understanding is it is pretty much standard practice or at least common to make a motion to dismiss at the close of the State’s case but that pretty much never gets granted. Doesn’t mean the defense doesn’t swing for the fences.

Fighting extradition is probably being used as leverage to get his bail reduced and ease restrictions on him while on bail.

Since he lives in Il. he will want to be able to cross back and forth during the trial. Also, Wi. is a cash bail state so he would have to come up with the full two million if it's not reduced.

The extradition hearing process is a good opportunity to negotiate with the demanding state prosecutor. Various things may be negotiated by an experienced attorney. These could include:

• setting bail,
    • negotiating the charges,
    • paying restitution by the accused,
    • negotiating when and how to surrender to the demanding state.
    https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/blog/cr...ition-hearing/
    Last edited by 5pins; 09-27-2020 at 01:06 PM.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    No one will "win" an all out onslaught...it would be a terrible bloodbath.

Mind you, I wouldn't feel particularly sorry for those bringing mayhem to the homes and workplaces of people just trying to live their lives without infringing on the rights or safety of others...but there are enough guns on both sides to make the potential carnage devastating in scope.

Let's hope that it can be averted...by whatever reason, force and / or other means necessary. The less drastic the better.
    This is going to drift this thread, but do you (or anyone else) feel there is really such a thing as aversion when it comes to human conflict? I have a suspicion that it’s really more of a delay than anything.

Even then, one “settled” conflict often (always?) eventually leads to another. But I feel there’s a general rule that the larger the toll, the longer the delay before another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    One thing that really annoys me about media coverage of this... none of the outlets seem to get that Kenosha is the biggest town near Antioch. Friends who live in Antioch regularly go to Kenosha for shopping and recreation. This likely wasnÂ’t a case of traveling long distances to find trouble.
    I don't pay much attention to the media, so I'm not sure what they're billing it as.

To me, it seems like the problem is not the distance. He had zero connection to the businesses he self-appointed himself to police....it's not like they were his family's business or some other strong community connection to them; he had no vested interest, hence the trope of "looking for trouble". It's the "looking for" part that is the issue, not necessarily the miles travelled.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

What if you apply the lense of, destrying America / protecting America?

On the topic of “looking for trouble,” it occurs to me that there have been times in my life when I have gone to places to legitimately help others, sometimes while putting my personal safety at risk to do so. For instance, after Hurricane Katrina, I gathered up a Tahoe-load of food and supplies and went to Ocean Springs, MS to distribute those. This was soon enough after the storm that power lines were still across the road and I had a National Guard convoy, no shit, wave me down to ask for directions (street signs had been trashed by the storm). The only thing aside from food and supplies that I carried with me was a shotgun. I have two distinct memories of that trip.

One is, after giving a lady some canned food, as an after-thought, I asked her if she had a can opener. She kind of looked through me and replied, “Well, I don’t know where my kitchen is so...”. The other was my last stop where I off-loaded the last of my supplies at a local school serving as a hurricane shelter. As I was finishing up giving out the last of what I had brought, some drunk a-hole got into a heated argument with another dude. Cop showed up and intervened and then drunk guy started in on the cop. There was a moment when I thought my shotgun was going to come into play.

Now, distributing food and supplies after a storm is not the same as showing up to a riot, uhhh,... protest (which was it again?). But, looking back, had the shotgun come out of the Tahoe - would I be portrayed as “looking for trouble”? At the time, I was probably as naive as Rittenhouse. Based on what we seem to know about his actions/life prior to the shootings, I’m willing to give him a pass on “looking for trouble.”

User Tag List