Page 88 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I look at it like we're on our own. If we get backup, it's gravy.

I don't mean that to come across in melodramatic fashion. Simply a fact.

If someone were to attempt a breach of my residence, there's no way that the sheriff's office responds before the incident is over, or well in progress...unless a deputy just happened to be in the area.

I don't spend a lot of time fretting over it, we live in a great area in that regard...but I take nothing for granted either.
    We probably don’t disagree. However, I’m not sure that we are talking about the same thing. In the wake and fallout of the coming election (IMHO, there is very little chance that this election gets settled timely or peacefully), I foresee more small business owners taking on the responsibility of protecting their businesses that are physically distinct from their residences because the cops will not do it. These will be people who leave their homes in the suburbs to take up arms in front of their shops in the city. Why? Because watching their restaurants, clothing stores, or gun shops go up in flames threatens their livelihood.

Take for example this man who was nearly beaten to death while trying to stop arsonists from destroying his charity:
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...-put-out-fire/
    What would happen had he turned the table on his attackers and killed a couple like Rittenhouse? How is it doing to play out across America when people in NC see people in OH getting arrested for killing arsonists?

Bottomline, this philosophy of “life over property” adopted by some urban police agencies where rioters are allowed to “get it out of their system” is corrosive on many levels and will have a ton of unintended consequences for good agencies across the country. It’s going to undermine the trust in LE among the 85% of Americans that are not immediately inclined to hate cops. Finally and most importantly, it is something that everyone should be asking candidates for sheriff or DA this election season.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I’m just unsure how that is going to happen, although I desperately wish it would. We’ve already seen the hostile takeover of entire city blocks (where people were murdered), police precincts, and private property with little in the way of repercussions from legitimate authorities. For the record, I generally do not like the idea of citizens using lethal force to defend their property - especially when their is a vigorous law enforcement presence to prosecute property crimes. However, this changes for me when the police are unwilling to provide a deterrent. So, how are people going to react if law enforcement participates in the selective prosecution of people using lethal force to protect their property, while simultaneously allowing widespread looting and arson?
    They drag the traitorous fucks out of their cozy mansions and bludgeon the ever living shit out of them and then hang 'em high.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    We probably don’t disagree. However, I’m not sure that we are talking about the same thing...
    You're right. I didn't address the main focus of your post. Thanks for clarifying. I wish I had an answer that could be counted upon to any extent.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    They drag the traitorous fucks out of their cozy mansions and bludgeon the ever living shit out of them and then hang 'em high.
    I hope this is hyperbole, as “mob justice” is the antithesis of the “rule of law” that we purport to long for around here.
    If law enforcement officials do their job selectively or inadequately, there are processes in place (elections, recalls) to remove them.
    The impatience of the radical left and their willingness to quickly resort to violence to get their desired outcome is the root of the problem in the last several months. We can be better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I hope this is hyperbole, as “mob justice” is the antithesis of the “rule of law” that we purport to long for around here.
    If law enforcement officials do their job selectively or inadequately, there are processes in place (elections, recalls) to remove them.
    The impatience of the radical left and their willingness to quickly resort to violence to get their desired outcome is the root of the problem in the last several months. We can be better than that.
    No hyperbole here. When the rule of law fails and/or is corrupted -- which is clearly the case here with selective prosecutions and politicians fomenting and fostering the willful destruction of private property and murder -- this is exactly what happens when the people finally rise up deal with the problem themselves.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    No hyperbole here. When the rule of law fails and/or is corrupted -- which is clearly the case here with selective prosecutions and politicians fomenting and fostering the willful destruction of private property and murder -- this is exactly what happens when the people finally rise up deal with the problem themselves.
    Ok - you’ve made yourself clear.
    I just don’t believe we’re at the point where the correct action is for “the people to rise up” to address the situation with violence.
    I guess we just disagree.

Ok - you’ve made yourself clear.
    I just don’t believe we’re at the point where the correct action is for “the people to rise up” to address the situation with violence.
    What should happen vs what does happen.

I'm not saying for everyone to grab their pitchforks. It simply will not surprise me to see someone Mussolinied in the near future.

Site Supporter
    Didn't something like happen around 1776?

Ok - youÂ’ve made yourself clear.
    I doubt that @critter believes that we are at “that point”, otherwise he’d be too busy setting up the guillotines to be posting on PF.com. The problem is that different areas of the country are likely to get to “that point” at differ times, the media will never be at that point, and it’s going to take a lot before people with jobs and families (ie most conservatives) are willing to fire the next shot heard around the world.

Having said that, I think that we are a lot closer to “that point” than most want to believe, and I think that life will not be as easy as it was before COVID for the rest of our lives. The next 20 plus years will be marked by progressively more difficult struggle.
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-25-2020 at 06:09 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Rittenhouse to fight extradition

https://www.wisn.com/article/live-kyle-rittenhouse-extradition-hearing/34160402

A 17-year-old in Illinois accused of killing two protesters days after Jacob Blake was shot by police in Kenosha will challenge his return to Wisconsin to face homicide charges that could put him in prison for life.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List