Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Care/Able to elaborate? Maybe a hint?
    I’m nit sure it takes a lot if intel to be able to fill in the blanks. If they don’t get what they want they will riot. If they get what they want they will celebrate. Same difference.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    ...If they don’t get what they want they will riot. If they get what they want they will celebrate. Same difference.
    Sad. True. Signature worthy.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Looks like a "No" bill (other than the wanton endangerment).

Let the riots commence.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 09-23-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    To be honest, even without specific intel, is there anything about this...especially at the moment...with Trump's announcement due Saturday, that would be at all a surprise?

I didn't think so.
    This. I have been retired, 2+ years, from a big-city PD. I don’t need to ask any of my former colleagues about LE-only intel. My intuition tells me that this is going to be an “interesting” next several days, so my personal def con one has been activated.

Edited to add: Much as I try to adopt a stooped-little-old-man demeanor, I still have “look like a cop” mannerisms, and have to be careful not to walk with that slight swagger, with my arm moving so as to clear a big duty pistol on my right hip. Plus, I am easily “dox-able,” without the need to hack anything.
    Last edited by Rex G; 09-23-2020 at 01:55 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Care/Able to elaborate? Maybe a hint?
    Nothing specific was shared, I’m not in the tent anymore...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I fear that local LE is being squeezed from several different directions. The left already is applying pressure for perceived systemic racism. Support from regular citizens is simultaneously being eroded by a perception that police are allowing property destruction out of fear, and elected prosecutors are selectively prosecuting those who attempt to defend it.

My parents are selling their city home for the deep suburbs because they don’t believe that the police will protect them. Several of their neighbors are looking to pop smoke. When people leave that support police in the most fundamental way by actually following the law, it creates a self-fulfilling prophecy with the criminals who remain.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I fear that local LE is being squeezed from several different directions. The left already is applying pressure for perceived systemic racism. Support from regular citizens is simultaneously being eroded by a perception that police are allowing property destruction out of fear, and elected prosecutors are selectively prosecuting those who attempt to defend it.

My parents are selling their city home for the deep suburbs because they don’t believe that the police will protect them. Several of their neighbors are looking to pop smoke. When people leave that support police in the most fundamental way by actually following the law, it creates a self-fulfilling prophecy with the criminals who remain.
    You're not wrong.

It'll (unfortunately) be a while before we get a needed dose of:

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You're not wrong.

It'll (unfortunately) be a while before we get a needed dose of:
    I’m just unsure how that is going to happen, although I desperately wish it would. We’ve already seen the hostile takeover of entire city blocks (where people were murdered), police precincts, and private property with little in the way of repercussions from legitimate authorities. For the record, I generally do not like the idea of citizens using lethal force to defend their property - especially when their is a vigorous law enforcement presence to prosecute property crimes. However, this changes for me when the police are unwilling to provide a deterrent. So, how are people going to react if law enforcement participates in the selective prosecution of people using lethal force to protect their property, while simultaneously allowing widespread looting and arson?
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-24-2020 at 05:06 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I’m just unsure how that is going to happen, although I desperately wish it would. We’ve already seen the hostile takeover of entire city blocks (where people were murdered), police precincts, and private property with little in the way of repercussions from legitimate authorities. For the record, I generally do not like the idea of citizens using lethal force to defend their property - especially when their is a vigorous law enforcement presence to prosecute property crimes. However, this changes for me when the police are unwilling to provide a deterrent. So, how are people going to react if law enforcement participates in the selective prosecution of people using lethal force to protect their property, while simultaneously allowing widespread looting and arson?
    I look at it like we're on our own. If we get backup, it's gravy.

I don't mean that to come across in melodramatic fashion. Simply a fact.

If someone were to attempt a breach of my residence, there's no way that the sheriff's office responds before the incident is over, or well in progress...unless a deputy just happened to be in the area.

I don't spend a lot of time fretting over it, we live in a great area in that regard...but I take nothing for granted either.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List