Page 71 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I wonder who advised him to go to Kenosha? WI must be a swing state. He probably won't be going to OR anytime soon.

Better idea. Stay in DC and send Kyle some bail money.
    Wisconsin is a swing state. Trump cannot win without it.

Kenosha, the tragedy notwithstanding, was a potential godsend to the Trump campaign. A nice working class town beset by a bunch of out of town radicals (a short charter bus ride from Chicago). The shooting changed the dynamics entirely - and not to Trump’s favor.

Wisconsin’s Governor is a feckless Democratic without much leadership potential. Gov. Evers mostly became Governor because he wasn’t the Republican incumbent Scott Walker, who pretty much defeated himself. Wisconsin voters pick some real doozies occasionally, but also have a pretty clean and functional political system compared to next door Illinois.

The voters of Wisconsin and the residents of Kenosha are the losers here. They have become pawns in a national level game.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I don’t know if we have any locals from WI here to comment, but this recall effort to remove Gov. Evers seems relevant:

It's not going to go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I wonder who advised him to go to Kenosha? WI must be a swing state.
    It is.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I mean, yes, it's kind of silly that they're trying to put that sort of restriction in place, but on the other hand, it's not like you get to monitor the classroom when your kids are actually physically *at* school either, so I guess I'm not quite seeing cause for outrage with this one. That said, I'm not a parent, so maybe I just lack the requisite perspective to generate said outrage.
    I sure as fuck do. I haven’t had occasion, but parents at our school are free to drop in and listen any time.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Damn it, Jim! You're not s'posed to add to my list of stuff I've gotta read! Off to see where I can get the Directive 51 series.

I am just a toy for your amusement, aren't I?
    I'm going to do it to you again, Schwartz.
    The Protector of Portland (Dies the Fire series, S.M. Stirling) would not put up with this crap.

I am not trivializing these matters by finding fictional references, more like "truth is stranger than fiction" but good fiction writers have anticipated a lot of truth.

Oh, yeah; Directive 51
    https://www.amazon.com/Directive-51-...s%2C167&sr=1-3

Sequels Daybreak Zero and The Last President
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Nephrology posted

"I imagine Trump will be traveling with a pretty considerable security detail."

Based only on open source materials, IMHO, Trump's security detail is not the largest in recent history.

Based only on open source materials, IMHO, Obama had far more threats (both credible and non credible) than any other President to date. I am fully aware that the USSS publically reported that such numbers leveled off as Obama settled into office.

Based only on open source materials, IMHO, the USSS takes threats to any President etc. very seriously.

Site Supporter
    The Protector of Portland (Dies the Fire series, S.M. Stirling) would not put up with this crap.
    As an aside, those books went on and on and stunk. He threw away a good concept for some magic, elves and witches crap.

The Secret Service must be crapping bricks over this trip. It's stupid showboating that puts lots of folks in danger.

Laura Ingraham had to divert DJT comparing the Blake shooting to 'choking' by a bad apple and a missed putt. Putz seems an operative term for that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    As an aside, those books went on and on and stunk. He threw away a good concept for some magic, elves and witches crap.

The Secret Service must be crapping bricks over this trip. It's stupid showboating that puts lots of folks in danger.

Laura Ingraham had to divert DJT comparing the Blake shooting to 'choking' by a bad apple and a missed putt. Putz seems an operative term for that statement.
    Try as she might she couldn't get him off the choke thing. He gets into his stream of consciousness talking and doesn't know where it is supposed to go.

“Shooting the guy in the back many times. I mean, ‘Couldn’t you have done something different? Couldn’t you have wrestled him?'” Trump then said, alluding to Blake, who was shot seven times in the back at point blank range by a Kenosha police offer.
    “You know, I mean, in the meantime, he might’ve been going for a weapon. And you know there’s a whole big thing there. But they choke, just like in a golf tournament, they miss a 3-foot putt…”

“You’re not comparing it to golf,” Ingraham quickly jumped in . . .

“I’m saying people choke,” Trump insisted,

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-la...oot-golf-putt/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Try as she might she couldn't get him off the choke thing. He gets into his stream of consciousness talking and doesn't know where it is supposed to go.

“Shooting the guy in the back many times. I mean, ‘Couldn’t you have done something different? Couldn’t you have wrestled him?'” Trump then said, alluding to Blake, who was shot seven times in the back at point blank range by a Kenosha police offer.
    “You know, I mean, in the meantime, he might’ve been going for a weapon. And you know there’s a whole big thing there. But they choke, just like in a golf tournament, they miss a 3-foot putt…”

"Choke" was a really unfortunate word to riff on there. One or two clear sentences saying something like "you have to realize LE make split second decisions" would have sufficed. Implying stress made them do opposite of the correct thing...not helpful.

Someone needs to give DJT a list of words to avoid before November. "Choke" would probably be #1.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Here is my advice for Presidents:

Obviously, such situations are troublesome to all. It is a complex situation and we need a thorough investigation by neutral experts to determine what happened. I await the outcome of such investigations before commenting. Federal resources are available if needed and I will expedite those being made possible.

-- now send me a consultant's check.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

Clown shoes. Sheesh.

User Tag List