Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I suspect that in years to come, the various and sundry Democratic governors, mayors, and other elected officials failing to crack down hard on rioting and looting will be seen as a textbook case of how to blow a lead and ruin an agenda.

If they had stopped and condemned the early rioting, they may have been able to get away with defunding the police. Instead, we have quite graphic examples of what happens when you do just that.

If they had cracked down on the first couple of days, they may have been able to push for more gun control. Now, the question of "why do you need an assault rifle" has been answered, and the new question is now "where can I get an assault rifle, and how quickly?"

Hell, it's probably going to put Trump back into the White House.

Of course, only time will tell. But there will be something, some factor that will only be super obvious in hindsight on why one party won and the other lost.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Maybe.

I think we’ll see activity evolve as we get closer to the election. Not sure how, only that we’ve just seen the tip of the iceberg. Too many things are too similar across too many riots for this not to have a centralized command structure that’s at least talking to each other. We’ve already seen coordinated looting of Bellevue Square in Washington for one thing.

I suspect that we’re now in a reconnaissance/learning phase. The foot soldiers have fairly loose ROE so a cadre can study how authorities respond, how the public sees their cause, who in the MSM, politics, popular culture, and Hollywood will be helpful, how to leverage and exploit various social media, how to manage the narrative, etc.

We’ve already seen the ROE change to allow expanded operations in residential areas based on what the leaders learned from things like CHAZ/CHOP in Seattle and the ongoing fight in Portland. It’s easy and tempting to see antifa’s reception in Sturgis and the Kenosha shootings as antifa failures, but they’re learning from responses to these events. I think that as we get closer to the election, the foot-soldier ROE will continue to evolve.

The people in these videos are worker bees. They're not the ones who can handle the big-picture logistics of feeding and caring for foot soldiers, building shields and improvised weapons then training people to use them, running a finance team that can quickly provide legal representation and post bail for rioters all over the country, etc., required to keep something like this alive for this long. That part actually does require strong centralized leadership.

As for the role of technology, decades of narcoterrorism and years of the GWOT have taught bad actors a lot about how to use communications systems to conceal a strong centralized leadership, how to fund activities with cryptocurrencies, etc. Relentless Strike (https://www.amazon.com/Relentless-St.../dp/1250105471) describes some pretty basic stuff that these folks could easily be doing.

Designating antifa a domestic terrorist organization would give the feds more funding and a different set of options for working this out.

Okie John
    This is the most interesting post here. We have seen Antifa denied as a group and downplayed. When there was a comment about organized fundraising for bail and legal representation I realized this was organized. But I have no framework to understand how insurgents organize. This has opened my eyes.

The other big thing I had not considered is the prosecutors who are abdicating their duties, office, and oath and minimizing charges or even not charging the perpetrators of violence and destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I suspect that in years to come, the various and sundry Democratic governors, mayors, and other elected officials failing to crack down hard on rioting and looting will be seen as a textbook case of how to blow a lead and ruin an agenda.
    I'm not so sure. The left can twist anything to fit their agenda. From my left-leaning friends on FB, I'm seeing memes that have photos of Trayvon and Rittenhouse, both pointing out that they're 17 years old. I think the point they're trying to make is that the black 17 year old kid is dead but the white kid is alive, and that's another example of racial injustice. The left doesn't believe in a comprehensive and nuanced evaluation of the circumstance - they just see everything as black and white.

There is a march in DC this weekend. One news outlet characterized it as a march against police brutality. What I'd really like to see is a march pledging to obey police, not run from police, and not fight with police. That's a guaranteed way of never getting shot by a cop.

Back to Original Jacob Blake Shooting

Kenosha PD tried to tase him... twice. Neither worked

https://www.fox6now.com/news/doj-rel...icers-at-scene
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

subscribed
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I'm not so sure. The left can twist anything to fit their agenda. From my left-leaning friends on FB, I'm seeing memes that have photos of Trayvon and Rittenhouse, both pointing out that they're 17 years old. I think the point they're trying to make is that the black 17 year old kid is dead but the white kid is alive, and that's another example of racial injustice. The left doesn't believe in a comprehensive and nuanced evaluation of the circumstance - they just see everything as black and white.
    I'm seeing this on my FB too. Each one gets unfollowed.

Or make a counter one but title them "Assaulter" and "Defender"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post

There is a march in DC this weekend. One news outlet characterized it as a march against police brutality. What I'd really like to see is a march pledging to obey police, not run from police, and not fight with police. That's a guaranteed way of never getting shot by a cop.
    All the while they forgot all about the two black teens who were executed by antifa in Seattle, you know the video where you hear the one guy say “you’re still alive” then hear BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    All the while they forgot all about the two black teens who were executed by antifa in Seattle, you know the video where you hear the one guy say “you’re still alive” then hear BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!
    I think we are on that point on the rollercoaster where facts don't matter. We are just along for the ride at this point. A storm is coming.

User Tag List