Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I don't know enough about this incident to form an opinion yet on the Officer(s) response. I'll wait until the facts are in and the investigation completed.

However, the comments by Gov. Evers are disgusting and despicable. To utter such divisive, ill-informed, inflamatory and prejudicial statements is tantamount to yelling FIRE! in a crowded theater. He should be ashamed of himself. The citizens of Wisconsin, all of them, deserve better leadership.
    Unfortunately, Evers is not the only one doing this. Every time there's a shooting, regardless of the optics, these horse's asses pile on and fan the flames in a new location.

I am genuinely concerned that much more of this bullshit will have our LE personnel—and supporting National Guard troops—overwhelmed to the point of exhaustion and/or just giving up which seems to be the objective of the BLM/AntiFa in the first place. Don't get me wrong. Being retired LE myself, I have nothing but the greatest respect for every level of LE/NG and realize that almost to a person they are extremely dedicated to their calling, but at some point, even the most stalwart, determined individuals eventually come to the realization that the ship is sinking. At what point that occurs, I know not, but it is a possibility that carries with it terrible consequences.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Unfortunately, Evers is not the only one doing this. Every time there's a shooting, regardless of the optics, these horse's asses pile on and fan the flames in a new location.

I am genuinely concerned that much more of this bullshit will have our LE personnel—and supporting National Guard troops—overwhelmed to the point of exhaustion and/or just giving up which seems to be the objective of the BLM/AntiFa in the first place. Don't get me wrong. Being retired LE myself, I have nothing but the greatest respect for every level of LE/NG and realize that almost to a person they are extremely dedicated to their calling, but at some point, even the most stalwart, determined individuals eventually come to the realization that the ship is sinking. At what point that occurs, I know not, but it is a possibility that carries with it terrible consequences.
    Indeed, and I agree.

"Terrible consequences" are coming.

The next five years are going to be very...bad.

I hope we still have our country then.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Indeed, and I agree.

"Terrible consequences" are coming.

The next five years are going to be very...bad.

I hope we still have our country then.
    I pray nightly for that very thing, RJ. From my heart right to Heaven.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Maybe a curved folder or maybe a carpet knife.

Video footage never gives 100% of the story.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...t-we-know.html

The person who shot the cellphone video heard the officers shouting “drop the knife” even though the person shooting the video did not see the knife. However given the distance and the distraction of videoing that isn’t unusual.

What we know is the officers believed it was a knife and there were 3 kids in the back seat of the car. You have an upset guy at a domestic with a knife who has failed to comply and shrugged off a taser attempt. Do you let him get in a car with 3 kids ?

If he does get in you can’t let him leave so either he hurts the kids or at best you have a barricade situation with 3 child hostages.

This is why Supreme Court case law on LE UOF talks about making decision with limited information in circumstances that are tense uncertain and rapidly evolving.
    Two additional facts have come to light:

1) Dispatch informed officers Blake had active warrants for sexual assault and domestic violence;

2) In addition to having a knife in his hand, Blake told police he had a gun in the car and stated he was going to retrieve it and shoot the officers.

1) Dispatch informed officers Blake had active warrants for sexual assault and domestic violence;

2) In addition to having a knife in his hand, Blake told police he had a gun in the car and stated he was going to retrieve it and shoot the officers.
    I don’t doubt you, but source?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

It appears that the Milwaukee Common Council already knows what happened (before the investigation has taken place, natch). If they have evidence, they should probably let the Kenosha County Sheriff or the State Patrol know.

August 24, 2020
    The Honorable Senator Scott L. Fitzgerald
    The Honorable Representative Robin Vos

State Capitol
    P.O. Box 7882
    Madison, WI 53707

Dear Senator Fitzgerald and Representative Vos:

We write to ask you in the strongest possible terms to reconvene as soon as is possible for a special legislative session on issues of police reform and police misconduct.

We join in full support of the special session called earlier today by Governor Evers to take up long-languishing legislation meant to reduce police brutality and address other policing issues. The matter has been made more urgent, we believe, by the police shooting last evening of Jacob Blake in Kenosha.

Mr. Blake was unarmed when officers reportedly shot him seven times in the back during a call involving a domestic incident. It is reported that M. Blake had arrived at the location to break up an altercation, and was attempting to leave in a vehicle when he was shot (while three of his children were inside the vehicle and witnessed the shooting). Witness video of the incident quickly went viral and unfortunately there was significant public unrest and property damage overnight in Kenosha.

The special session’s legislation would include several police accountability proposals, including a ban on chokeholds by police officers, and a measure to make it more difficult for overly aggressive officers to simply move to a different jurisdiction and get a new job.

In Milwaukee we have been active in passing legislation urging several reforms within the Milwaukee Police Department, including a ban on chokeholds and strangleholds, a weapon-drawn file to record any time a weapon is drawn during a police call for service, and a measure that requires MPD to submit any proposed purchases of militaristic equipment for Common Council review.

In your sworn oath you vowed to protect the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Wisconsin. We ask that you fulfill that sworn duty by leading your colleagues on both sides of the aisle during this critically important special legislative session, and that you approve vitally important, long-overdue police reform measures.

Most importantly, we ask that you act decisively and for the benefit of the citizens of Wisconsin.

Respectfully,

Alderwoman Chantia Lewis
    Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs
    Alderwoman Nikiya Dodd
    Alderman Russell W. Stamper, II
    Alderman Ashanti Hamilton
    Alderman Cavalier Johnson
    Alderman Robert J. Bauman
    Alderman Michael J. Murphy
    Alderwoman JoCasta Zamarripa
    Alderman Nik Kovac
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Point #2, if it holds to be true (and I suspect that it will), makes for a very compelling case for ruling the shooting as a justifiable UoF.

Of course, there'll be those who won't let the fact change their course.

Minutes after the guy's name was made public 4Chan already had revealed he was a kid diddler. Funny how that's being ignored in the news coverage.

And the tear gas and fireworks have begun. They are estimating around 1600 people around the courthouse proper right now.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List