Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The investigation might have begun by now, but the governor has already weighed in, riots have started. "Guilty until proven guilty" is me referring to the Governor of Wisconsin commenting on this OIS before the facts are in, see his comments below.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kenosha...esters-gather/

Governor's comments:

Video, shooting starts around 30 seconds in.

The sea change culminating in this jamoche’s coming to office is why I knocked WI off my relocation list.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

These SOBs need their herd thinned.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The sea change culminating in this jamoche’s coming to office is why I knocked WI off my relocation list.
    Interesting...

I moved here in 2015 (from NH). Prior to Scott Walker, WI would not even have made a list if possible locations due to the lack of CCW and the general nanny state policies. Walker made some poor decisions on the FoxConn plant and paid the price.

I’m hoping “One Term Tony” is more than a catchy slogan.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    LVNR is good and very under utilized but it’s not the answer to everything. Like a subject with an edged weapon:

Attachment 59272
    Phone or boxcutter/edged weapon? That screen shot looks like it could be either. Do you have any additional links?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Interesting...

I moved here in 2015 (from NH). Prior to Scott Walker, WI would not even have made a list if possible locations due to the lack of CCW and the general nanny state policies. Walker made some poor decisions on the FoxConn plant and paid the price.

I’m hoping “One Term Tony” is more than a catchy slogan.
    And here I am closing on my NH house Thursday...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Phone or boxcutter/edged weapon? That screen shot looks like it could be either. Do you have any additional links?
    Maybe a curved folder or maybe a carpet knife.

Video footage never gives 100% of the story.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...t-we-know.html

The person who shot the cellphone video heard the officers shouting “drop the knife” even though the person shooting the video did not see the knife. However given the distance and the distraction of videoing that isn’t unusual.

What we know is the officers believed it was a knife and there were 3 kids in the back seat of the car. You have an upset guy at a domestic with a knife who has failed to comply and shrugged off a taser attempt. Do you let him get in a car with 3 kids ?

If he does get in you can’t let him leave so either he hurts the kids or at best you have a barricade situation with 3 child hostages.

This is why Supreme Court case law on LE UOF talks about making decision with limited information in circumstances that are tense uncertain and rapidly evolving.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-24-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Site Supporter

Yeah, I watched the video in slow motion a few more times and it appears that right before he rounds the passenger side corner of the vehicle he passes something from his right hand to his left hand and then keeps that hand in front of his body and “hidden” from the police who are following.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

The person who shot the cellphone video heard the officers shouting “drop the knife” even though the person shooting the video did not see the knife. However given the distance and the distraction of videoing that isn’t unusual.

What we know is the officers believed it was a knife and there were 3 kids in the back seat of the car. You have an upset guy at a domestic with a knife who has failed to comply and shrugged off a taser attempt. Do you let him get in a car with 3 kids ?

If he does get in you can’t let him leave so either he hurts the kids or at best you have a barricade situation with 3 child hostages.

This is why Supreme Court case law on LE UOF talks about making decision with limited information in circumstances that are tense uncertain and rapidly evolving.
    Of course, with 20/20 hindsight and the knowledge that all white police are murderers.

Where you been?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    That’s the wrong argument. It’s easily countered by incidents that, while rare and might have complicating circumstances, are high profile and sway people’s opinions.

Like the guy recently who came barreling out of his apartment door, gun in hand, and got shot down even though he immediately started to comply when he saw it was cops who were knocking.

Or the caretaker for the mentally disabled guy playing with the toy truck in the street. He was lying on the ground, hands up in the air, and still got shot.

The right argument is “Not cooperating with the police will get you shot.”

Interpersonal conflict. There is a winner and a loser. Not all people are good just the same as not all people are bad. You get what the situation gives you.

I don't know enough about this incident to form an opinion yet on the Officer(s) response. I'll wait until the facts are in and the investigation completed.

However, the comments by Gov. Evers are disgusting and despicable. To utter such divisive, ill-informed, inflamatory and prejudicial statements is tantamount to yelling FIRE! in a crowded theater. He should be ashamed of himself. The citizens of Wisconsin, all of them, deserve better leadership.

User Tag List