Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I don't have any familiarity with Kenosha PD in particular, but I think this is often the product of PDs which prohibit their officers from using effective DT techniques which, in the misguided pursuit of deescalation and/or liability mitigation, ends up turning into a shooting.

It's too early to make any judgements about the reasonableness of the officers actions, but I'd danger that this is just another shooting in the giant stack of incidents that could have been effectively resolved with a LVNR.
    Could you elaborate on the acronyms?
    DT? LVNR?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    It's already here, according to my sources in LE.
    Based on the Portland event, posted by corey/corman earlier, we’ve rocketed right past “smile and wave” and into “spook around and sulk in a black unmarked” in the worst of locales.

I hasten to add that it’s not happening where I live: our guys and gals are solid. That said, I’ve taken the step of sourcing some stats from esteemed P-F member Chuck Haggard, because our city council president has already started some noise about banning “chokeholds and strangleholds” from our LVNR-certified dept., and as a citizen with a vested interest in not seeing Portland/Seattle fuckery migrating inland, I am going to be ready to speak at a council zoom meet, if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Could you elaborate on the acronyms?
    DT? LVNR?
    Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint

Defensive tactics / techniques
    There's nothing civil about this war.

One thing is always constant in these OISs...

The politicians never fail to make a rush to judgment. Facts be damned, they're always at the front of the "dipshittery" line.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
    "Interesting"

Too close to my backyard to be comfortable, especially since I'm sure it will soon spill over into Milwaukee. These things are making me more nervous as time goes on.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    "Interesting"

Too close to my backyard to be comfortable, especially since I'm sure it will soon spill over into Milwaukee. These things are making me more nervous as time goes on.
    I hope this doesn't spread. IMO, confronting the police with long arms during a riot requires extreme counter measures. None of us really wants to see that because it just leads to more lives lost when the response comes, and I'm sure it will. When a person starts down that road they better be prepared to die in the street. I wonder if those individuals are prepared for that. Maybe they are, IDK.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I don't have any familiarity with Kenosha PD in particular, but I think this is often the product of PDs which prohibit their officers from using effective DT techniques which, in the misguided pursuit of deescalation and/or liability mitigation, ends up turning into a shooting.

It's too early to make any judgements about the reasonableness of the officers actions, but I'd danger that this is just another shooting in the giant stack of incidents that could have been effectively resolved with a LVNR.
    LVNR is good and very under utilized but it’s not the answer to everything. Like a subject with an edged weapon:

Name:  8DDE5EC0-8D9F-4EFD-95FD-05C6998F3CA6.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  16.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    LVNR is good and very under utilized but it’s not the answer to everything. Like a subject with an edged weapon:

Name:  8DDE5EC0-8D9F-4EFD-95FD-05C6998F3CA6.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  16.5 KB
    Totes.

Good detail imagery, thanks for sharing.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Our governor is misguided. Never held public office, has relinquished responsibility for CV measures since his updated stay at home order was declared unconstitutional and apparently feels pandering to the popular mob is the way to lead.

I’m glad I live “up north”.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Kenosha(stan) here we come:

Two observations:

Dude in red is trying real hard to get himself shot.

At least 3 shots fired at the bearcat starting around 1:40.

User Tag List