Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 986

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

  1. #21
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Front Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I don't have any familiarity with Kenosha PD in particular, but I think this is often the product of PDs which prohibit their officers from using effective DT techniques which, in the misguided pursuit of deescalation and/or liability mitigation, ends up turning into a shooting.

    It's too early to make any judgements about the reasonableness of the officers actions, but I'd danger that this is just another shooting in the giant stack of incidents that could have been effectively resolved with a LVNR.
    Could you elaborate on the acronyms?
    DT? LVNR?

  2. #22
    Site Supporter Totem Polar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    PacNW
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    It's already here, according to my sources in LE.
    Based on the Portland event, posted by corey/corman earlier, we’ve rocketed right past “smile and wave” and into “spook around and sulk in a black unmarked” in the worst of locales.

    I hasten to add that it’s not happening where I live: our guys and gals are solid. That said, I’ve taken the step of sourcing some stats from esteemed P-F member Chuck Haggard, because our city council president has already started some noise about banning “chokeholds and strangleholds” from our LVNR-certified dept., and as a citizen with a vested interest in not seeing Portland/Seattle fuckery migrating inland, I am going to be ready to speak at a council zoom meet, if need be.

  3. #23
    skeptical, at best blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mtns
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Could you elaborate on the acronyms?
    DT? LVNR?
    Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint

    Defensive tactics / techniques
    There's nothing civil about this war

  4. #24
    One thing is always constant in these OISs...

    The politicians never fail to make a rush to judgment. Facts be damned, they're always at the front of the "dipshittery" line.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

    Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection. www.quantitativeammunitionselection.com

  5. #25
    Hawaiian Shirt Crustacean Guerrero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    The 414
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
    "Interesting"

    Too close to my backyard to be comfortable, especially since I'm sure it will soon spill over into Milwaukee. These things are making me more nervous as time goes on.
    Oversimplification is a very efficient way to make yourself stupid.

  6. #26
    Powder Potentate Borderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    49th Parallel
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    "Interesting"

    Too close to my backyard to be comfortable, especially since I'm sure it will soon spill over into Milwaukee. These things are making me more nervous as time goes on.
    I hope this doesn't spread. IMO, confronting the police with long arms during a riot requires extreme counter measures. None of us really wants to see that because it just leads to more lives lost when the response comes, and I'm sure it will. When a person starts down that road they better be prepared to die in the street. I wonder if those individuals are prepared for that. Maybe they are, IDK.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

  7. #27
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I don't have any familiarity with Kenosha PD in particular, but I think this is often the product of PDs which prohibit their officers from using effective DT techniques which, in the misguided pursuit of deescalation and/or liability mitigation, ends up turning into a shooting.

    It's too early to make any judgements about the reasonableness of the officers actions, but I'd danger that this is just another shooting in the giant stack of incidents that could have been effectively resolved with a LVNR.
    LVNR is good and very under utilized but it’s not the answer to everything. Like a subject with an edged weapon:

    Name:  8DDE5EC0-8D9F-4EFD-95FD-05C6998F3CA6.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  16.5 KB

  8. #28
    Does Not Work For You TGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Back in northern Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    LVNR is good and very under utilized but it’s not the answer to everything. Like a subject with an edged weapon:

    Name:  8DDE5EC0-8D9F-4EFD-95FD-05C6998F3CA6.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  16.5 KB
    Totes.

    Good detail imagery, thanks for sharing.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

  9. #29
    Site Supporter Norville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    WI
    Our governor is misguided. Never held public office, has relinquished responsibility for CV measures since his updated stay at home order was declared unconstitutional and apparently feels pandering to the popular mob is the way to lead.

    I’m glad I live “up north”.

  10. #30
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Kenosha(stan) here we come:

    Two observations:

    Dude in red is trying real hard to get himself shot.

    At least 3 shots fired at the bearcat starting around 1:40.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •