Page 28 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

You're trying to convince me. I am not the guy who charged him. But the jury would definitely hear about it if it goes to trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    No disrespect intended, because I respect your contributions to the forum. However some observers and analysts identified the start of an attempted insurrection months ago, especially in the Pacific Northwest. It's just continuing to spread to other areas, and heat up.

ETA: Sam Culper has an interesting take on things, and he appears to be fairly level-headed https://forwardobserver.com/whats-ne...-insurgencies/
    Well, thanks, but I don't take anything that you posted as being even remotely disrespectful, Mark.

Several months ago, the present idiocy was more confined than it is today.

Now that it's not only endured, but spread farther while increasing in its intensity, is what caused me to suspect some greater degree of sinister activity. My threshold for an event, or a series of events, qualifying as an insurrection differs from others and even that of Sam Culper...although I find myself in agreement with much of what Culper writes in the linked article that you provided. Thanks for the additional source of perspective.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Illegal in WI for someone under 18 to carry a long gun if not supervised by an adult.
    This is one of the issues that first popped into mind when I read of this incident.

What the Hell is a 17-year old kid doing running around with a rifle—of any kind—in that mess?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    This is one of the issues that first popped into mind when I read of this incident.

What the Hell is a 17-year old kid doing running around with a rifle—of any kind in that mess?
    In Alabama it’s 16 to possess a rifle, I was rolling with an m1 carbine in the trunk at that age in the late 90’s.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Honestly, that kid took pretty good care of only shooting those physically attacked him. It really could have been a shit show if he'd decided to do a mag dump into the crowd.

Never mind.. watched more of the video and he unleashed some fire into their general direction.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post

What the Hell is a 17-year old kid doing running around with a rifle—of any kind—in that mess?
    One of the few with the courage of his convictions. A few months and he would be old enough to be enlist and be shipped off somewhere (but that's not really the point). He showed up against this leftist horse shit and showed courage under fire. As things stand at the moment, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Mr. Rittenhouse.

ETA: I'm not disagreeing with you... I thought the same thing.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Honestly, that kid took pretty good care of only shooting those physically attacked him. It really could have been a shit show if he'd decided to do a mag dump into the crowd.
    That’s been my takeaway as well.

Plenty of people are bitching about him going there looking to shoot people. If that were really the case, the body count would be a bit higher I imagine.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    One of the few with the courage of his convictions. A few months and he would be old enough to be enlist and be shipped off somewhere (but that's not really the point). He showed up against this leftist horse shit and showed courage under fire. As things stand at the moment, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Mr. Rittenhouse.
    There are photos of him cleaning graffiti off a local high school the day before this event.

User Tag List