Page 97 of 99 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t support the Lieutenant getting fired. I think firing him was an overreach and I hope he gets his job back after he appeals his termination. I’m just saying that an 18 year veteran officer, especially the Lieutenant in charge of internal investigations, probably should have been able to predict that he was going to face some professional consequences because it’s 2021, not 2001 or 2011.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    The policy of not using work email for personal communication has been in place at every single company I’ve worked for in Aerospace since 1981.

Work computers and infrastructure are provided for company use only. The last few years of my career in fact they started introducing splash screens containing an explicit statement of this policy the user had to acknowledge.
    Gotcha. I might be coming across wrong in this thread. I'm not trying to say that y'all are wrong in thinking that you can't use work email for personal stuff, or trying to say that it's more common to be able to use work email for personal stuff than the opposite. I'm just giving my own obviously limited experience for what it's worth.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    Gotcha. I might be coming across wrong in this thread. I'm not trying to say that y'all are wrong in thinking that you can't use work email for personal stuff, or trying to say that it's more common to be able to use work email for personal stuff than the opposite. I'm just giving my own obviously limited experience for what it's worth.
    No worries. I understand where you are coming from, and it’s ok. Some offices are more, ah, informal about this stuff. I generally worked in environments where you’d be putting National Security at risk by sending work traffic through email servers which may or may not be foreign-sourced. It’s not really a good idea to use Gmail in that kind of context.

Ok, back to Kenosha. How’s Kyle Rittenhouse doing these days anyway?

Another aspect of this that hasn't been discussed: if he had been doxxed and discovered to have contributed to Antifa or BLM, and had said the same things about these groups, he wouldn't have been fired.

Huge, huge, huge double standard, but nobody will ever acknowledge it.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Another aspect of this that hasn't been discussed: if he had been doxxed and discovered to have contributed to Antifa or BLM, and had said the same things about these groups, he wouldn't have been fired.

Huge, huge, huge double standard, but nobody will ever acknowledge it.
    Yet another example of repressive tolerance at work.

Assumes facts not in evidence...

...but yeah, maybe. Even probably.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

DOJ Won’t Pursue Charges Against Officer Who Shot Jacob Blake

Couple notes:

1) The vehicle was not his

2) He was not the legal guardian of the children in the vehicle

3) The house he was at belongs to the woman on whom he committed the sexual assault for which he had the outstanding warrant

And more
    Last edited by Guerrero; 10-09-2021 at 02:57 PM.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

"If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I guess they forgot the whole 'actions have consequences' thing...

...go figure.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    This will be rough for the agencies involved but ideally the world will get to see several dozen slow-motion replays of Mr. Grosskreutz's actions and he'll have to provide the play-by-play commentary on them in court.

I get the impression this may prove invaluable to the Rittenhouse defense team.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List