Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Rittenhouse to fight extradition

https://www.wisn.com/article/live-kyle-rittenhouse-extradition-hearing/34160402
    Could any of the lawyers here interpret the strategy of delaying while Rittenhouse is remanded? My only legal qualification is that I was an intern once but that seems super unusual to me and means he'll do more time in jail before bail, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    We probably don’t disagree. However, I’m not sure that we are talking about the same thing. In the wake and fallout of the coming election (IMHO, there is very little chance that this election gets settled timely or peacefully), I foresee more small business owners taking on the responsibility of protecting their businesses that are physically distinct from their residences because the cops will not do it. These will be people who leave their homes in the suburbs to take up arms in front of their shops in the city. Why? Because watching their restaurants, clothing stores, or gun shops go up in flames threatens their livelihood.

Take for example this man who was nearly beaten to death while trying to stop arsonists from destroying his charity:
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...-put-out-fire/
    What would happen had he turned the table on his attackers and killed a couple like Rittenhouse? How is it doing to play out across America when people in NC see people in OH getting arrested for killing arsonists?

Bottomline, this philosophy of “life over property” adopted by some urban police agencies where rioters are allowed to “get it out of their system” is corrosive on many levels and will have a ton of unintended consequences for good agencies across the country. It’s going to undermine the trust in LE among the 85% of Americans that are not immediately inclined to hate cops. Finally and most importantly, it is something that everyone should be asking candidates for sheriff or DA this election season.
    DA's, sheriffs and governors. This guy is running for governor in WA. He has my vote.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...erges-to-chal/
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    No hyperbole here. When the rule of law fails and/or is corrupted -- which is clearly the case here with selective prosecutions and politicians fomenting and fostering the willful destruction of private property and murder -- this is exactly what happens when the people finally rise up deal with the problem themselves.
    Most people won't do that. Most people want someone else to do it. When they don't you have situations like CHOP and the never ended violent protests in cities across the US. If this were 1876 you might have citizens arming themselves laying waste to a gang of bank robbers like what happened in Northfield MN. But it isn't 1876. We're civilized now and we pay to have someone else do the dirty work.

100 years of having someone else do your dirty work will lead you to expect someone else will take care of it. We have people to take care of our unpleasant jobs. They do our vehicle and property maintenance, educate and raise our children and process what we eat. Somebody even makes sure you can take a dump and it gets processed.

So how do you solve a security problem if you find yourself threatened by a mob?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    So how do you solve a security problem if you find yourself threatened by a mob?
    That's the rub - by the time many folks will be pressed to take action - it will be too late. I'm not counting myself out of that equation because I'm not going to be out looking to have a confrontation.

I would be willing to stand static posts in my community with other citizens - so long as there is widespread support for that. Although my community has in the past mobilized for the common good, I'm not sure that would be the case in these situations.

Confusing times.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Most people won't do that. Most people want someone else to do it. When they don't you have situations like CHOP and the never ended violent protests in cities across the US. If this were 1876 you might have citizens arming themselves laying waste to a gang of bank robbers like what happened in Northfield MN. But it isn't 1876. We're civilized now and we pay to have someone else do the dirty work.

100 years of having someone else do your dirty work will lead you to expect someone else will take care of it. We have people to take care of our unpleasant jobs. They do our vehicle and property maintenance, educate and raise our children and process what we eat. Somebody even makes sure you can take a dump and it gets processed.

I don't know if I totally agree with this; it's definitely area-dependent. Around here, something like looting and rioting would be cause for much celebration among the good ole boy ranks. Finally something to do on a Friday or Sat night.

Secondly, for me and a lot of others I know, it's not that my tax dollars should be fixing my problems. It's that my tax dollars will also pay to put me in jail, because society and civilization are still largely intact, and the rule of law *will* punish *me* regardless of how it might treat others. I can't change how the law is applied aside from my vote. So until society totally falls apart and LE loses control of things like evidence-gathering and future court dates, you won't see me or people like me trying to exact justice until the problem is literally in my or my neighbors' backyards.

Civilization is indeed a thin veneer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Could any of the lawyers here interpret the strategy of delaying while Rittenhouse is remanded? My only legal qualification is that I was an intern once but that seems super unusual to me and means he'll do more time in jail before bail, right?
    I’d hazard that they’re either
    A) Hoping that there are events in the coming days/weeks that cause his actions to be looked at more favorably.
    B) Negotiating behind the scene to get him bonded out after an appearance in a Wisconsin court.

In either case the mob will get tired of waving torches and pitchforks and go find another monster to dox.

At one time the dems had a better attitude on how to handle riots.

15 Apr 1968 Mayor Daley of Chicago announces that his police force is to shoot to kill any arsonists and / or looters..

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    Civilization is indeed a thin veneer.
    I agree with this and would add that we’ve been actively training up some of our best and brightest to deal with savagery off-shore for almost two decades now. The last thing the Left should be doing is testing people’s restraint and discipline as they begin to mimic behaviors we tried to interdict over there.

If the madness moves out of the business districts and into areas where people’s loved ones are seriously threatened, the needle will jump out of the groove and make that horrible sound as it scratches through the remaining tracks we’re familiar with. And that will be a bad thing.
    Last edited by FNFAN; 09-26-2020 at 09:25 AM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

No one will "win" an all out onslaught...it would be a terrible bloodbath.

Mind you, I wouldn't feel particularly sorry for those bringing mayhem to the homes and workplaces of people just trying to live their lives without infringing on the rights or safety of others...but there are enough guns on both sides to make the potential carnage devastating in scope.

Let's hope that it can be averted...by whatever reason, force and / or other means necessary. The less drastic the better.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    So there may be more to it but at least part of it is if you don’t go to court you can’t be convicted. A few days without bail is better than a life sentence. If they won’t or can’t extradite then he will be cut loose eventually. Then he just has to not go back to WI the rest of his life or until any statute of limitations has ran.

User Tag List